• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light for me, I interviewed back in October and it is now Late November, I havent heard a thing back from Colgan, I called them and was told I am good to go with my paperwork. I have 3200TT and previous 121, no failures. I passed the entire interview and was congratulated at the end, however I feel now i am being written off, please save the snide remarks for other people, i dont have time for anything else but information.

Thanks

As we all know, Colgan is not the brightest star in the sky. Unless you are Mesaba, they prefer "dumb" CFIs over 121ers. The Colgans are out at the end of the year and Colgan will no longer be sometime soon thereafter. I think they have slowed newhire classes so I would make a big push after the new year.
my two cents for what little valuve it is.

What's your problem? Are you suggesting that there's a difference between a 1300 hour pilot and 1500? Does something magical happen between those few hundred hours?

You cross the magical 1337 hour line.

1000 1200 1500 are just numbers. As long as you have at least a couple of hundred hours of IFR PIC you're qualified to fly at a regional, Colgan decides that.

So is 100, 200, 500, 5,000, 10,000.

Honestly, how many 1000 hr pilots have 200 hrs IFR (actual), PIC experience?
I have well over 7,000 hours and only have about 600 hrs IFR, as pilot flying.

My original point; why is Colgan content with hiring 1000 hr pilots when there are so many 3-6000 hr pilots, some with 121 time, looking for work? Is it because they feel threatened by experience? Are the afraid that someone with a clue is going to come in and find fault with their program? Has to make you wonder!

Maybe I'm completely wrong. Maybe they're afraid that pilots with more experience are going to bail the first chance they get?

My original question was legitimate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back