Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JJET44

Why is Colgan hiring 1000 hr pilots when the FAA has made it a requirement (in the near future) that FO's must have an ATP? Are they flaunting the fact that they have time left to get less qualified pilots hired so that they can pay less?
Of all airlines, Colgan needs to be doing it right, not cheap!

Requirement will be in the future for those already hired (3 years). New hires (once enacted) will have the requirement. Get 'em now while their cheap.

Why is Colgan hiring 1000 hr pilots when the FAA has made it a requirement (in the near future) that FO's must have an ATP? Are they flaunting the fact that they have time left to get less qualified pilots hired so that they can pay less?

What's your problem? Are you suggesting that there's a difference between a 1300 hour pilot and 1500? Does something magical happen between those few hundred hours? This isn't the corporate world where pay is determined somewhere between the guy that wants to fly a Learjet for free and the guy that wants 100k for it. There are contracts that are only ratified once every couple of years, it's going to take time to see real change in qol and pay. Also remember, less competition means higher pay and this principle doesn't apply at the regionals anyways because the whole point is to be the lowest bidder. If you look around there's not one regional that is actually good, there are a couple that produce good koolaid though.

Last edited:

Welcome to the airline industry.

The smartest thing they could do right now is to hire as many 300 hour pilots as they can - hire them directly to furlough. It gets them around the rule change because they are "employees" prior to the effective date.

CX880;2081052Are you suggesting that there's a difference between a 1300 hour pilot and 1500?[/QUOTE said:
One meets the total time requirement for the ATP, the other does not. That is what the mins will require. Besides, if you reread what he wrote you'd see that he was talking about 1000 hr pilots. 500 hrs is quite a bit of experience hrs at that stage of ones career.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light for me, I interviewed back in October and it is now Late November, I havent heard a thing back from Colgan, I called them and was told I am good to go with my paperwork. I have 3200TT and previous 121, no failures. I passed the entire interview and was congratulated at the end, however I feel now i am being written off, please save the snide remarks for other people, i dont have time for anything else but information.

Thanks

Why not call them to find out, genius? They may be able to assist you if you only would...............CALl THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I had to say it) LOL!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back