Colgan written test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

samfu_1

Did the written test given at the Colgan interview contain many technical questions regarding aircraft performance? If so, what aircraft was it on- (the B1900?)
I was just trying to get a feel for the test on whether it was a grab bag from the test bank or normally a mix of regs and IFR questions. (I just took the ATP written the other day, and it has MANY possibilities on what questions you will get.)
Thanks for the help in advance.

it has been awhile since I took the interview test but I do not think there is any tech stuff from the ATP written. Weather, IFR Procedures, Regs, etc...
They will ask about tech info from the aircraft that you have time in but that is in the face to face.

Just interviewed last week, and it has no questions in the 'refer to figures' category. The only things they have you refer to is a jepp plate for the ILS 1 or 19 L/R (I don't recall which) at Dulles, a takeoff mins plate which is also jepp, and a jepp low altitude enroute chart for the BWI area. There are a couple of questions regarding the Metars and Tafs on it as well. The rest of the questions are all knowledge based. No calculations or refer to figures. They had us take both versions of the test. Are you interviewing soon?

It is a three question test.
1. Do you consider a person that weighs 350 lbs. fat?

2. Do you or any family members own or operate any buffet style restaurants.

3. What is your personal limit on MEL's to feel confident taking an airplane full of pax's to there dest.

Answers: 1. NO 2. YES 3. 25

Use these answers and you are a shoe in for the job. It also does't hurt to talk bad about unions, explain that you think arbitrary pay freezes are a good thing, and nothing is better than Presque Isle in the winter.

outtahere said:
and nothing is better than Presque Isle in the winter.

Don't knock PQI, not much there but one of the best bases in the system, and yes, I did a winter there -- not unbearable, except for the -29 F, -60 windchill day! Great staff up there. All other knocks are well-founded, but most MELs I had in 4 years was about 15 (pissed off HYA CA who wrote every little cosmetic thing he could).

BSkin said:
All other knocks are well-founded, but most MELs I had in 4 years was about 15 (pissed off HYA CA who wrote every little cosmetic thing he could).

That should be a question on the written test:

"What is the maximum number of MELs that the computer can put on the release before the PIC has to pen-and-ink the rest?"

a) 9
b) 11
c) 6

Correct answer: a

BSkin said:
Don't knock PQI, not much there but one of the best bases in the system, and yes, I did a winter there -- not unbearable, except for the -29 F, -60 windchill day! Great staff up there. All other knocks are well-founded, but most MELs I had in 4 years was about 15 (pissed off HYA CA who wrote every little cosmetic thing he could).

I loved my time in PQI... Even the winters were ok. Absolutely the best base in the system!!

I once was that HYA CA you speak of. I think my record for 1 night write-ups was 22. Someone in HEF pissed me off one night and the rest is history...

chperplt said:
I loved my time in PQI... Even the winters were ok. Absolutely the best base in the system!!

I once was that HYA CA you speak of. I think my record for 1 night write-ups was 22. Someone in HEF pissed me off one night and the rest is history...

.......idiot!

HughBeamont said:
That should be a question on the written test:

"What is the maximum number of MELs that the computer can put on the release before the PIC has to pen-and-ink the rest?"

a) 9
b) 11
c) 6

Correct answer: a

Must have an updated system then.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back