Colgan upgrade seniority #

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
av8rjo said:
word is they are now conducting formal interviews back at HEF prior to upgrade versus seeing your name magically appear on the schedule

Has anyone who's gone through this interview care to comment on it?

Back in the day, my interview was a phone call from Mikey telling me to come to groundschool next week.

Quality!

340SAM said:
that was when people passed on the first try

Not true.

Colgan, though a good place to build time (PIC) was notorious in my day ('00-'04) of giving some crap pink slips to many pilots in the hope that they wouldn't try to bail for a while, and thus keep their training costs down. Anyone want to disagree with me?

Sam Snead said:
Has anyone who's gone through this interview care to comment on it?

Back in the day, my interview was a phone call from Mikey telling me to come to groundschool next week.

Quality!

And back in the day they got what they got by doing that.... I think they've learned their lesson.

BSkin said:
Not true.

Colgan, though a good place to build time (PIC) was notorious in my day ('00-'04) of giving some crap pink slips to many pilots in the hope that they wouldn't try to bail for a while, and thus keep their training costs down. Anyone want to disagree with me?

I remember those days... The lower time guys didn't have to worry about it much as they weren't going anywhere in a hurry as it was.

340SAM said:
Bskin

in your day were you the only check airman to get one

I'm not sure who you are, but obviously you do me, DI<head. You bring that out here? Suck my a$$. Only a few people would say that, and that would be someone from HEF. And you're most likely at the same company I am so I can limit it down. Maybe I was the first CA to get one, it was 3 days after preparing and going for an interview for "our" company, and I got by it. Can't wait to have you in my right seat, E..... If it is you, I always gave you the benefit of the doubt. Called me after I got hired and resigned at CJC. Sucked up and asked to use me as a ref. Need I say more!

My point, 340SAMtress, is what I posted happened (I was one of many), and you can't deny it!

Now, should we get into your past?

Wow, the ice queen? HERE?????

Someone pass the popcorn...

BSkin said:
Now, should we get into your past?

That would make for some very funny reading. About a year and a half ago a bitter captain in LGA went on a tear to anyone that would listen on the subject. You reap what you sow I guess.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back