Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brae123

Goat Farmer
How does Colgan do their upgrades? With no contract to stipulate the bidding, do they pick who has the most total time and aircraft time? What if two pilots are hired one has 3000 hours and the other has the mins. All other things being equal who upgrades first?

With no contract to stipulate the bidding...

you are correct, no contract dictates when someone gets to upgrade. It's kind of a convoluted process - try to impress the check airman on your 12 month FO checkride, see if the check airman will recommend you for upgrade, stay off the manassas "Naughty List", meet an hour requirement that seems to change alot, go to manassas for an upgrade interview (if they invite you) and DON'T call in sick. Seniority may or may not have anything to do with the process.

Its a total bullshlt system. Those who kiss ass, dont bitch about being shorted pay, dont bitch about their schedule, and dont call in sick get a chance to "interview" for upgrade.

I didn't follow the rules and I'm bailing at the 1 year mark.. maybe earlier. If I were cool, I'm make a video similar to the Mesa one floating around (where the guy burns all his stuff).

This shlt wouldn't fly if we had ALPA.

I didn't follow the rules and I'm bailing at the 1 year mark.. maybe earlier. If I were cool, I'm make a video similar to the Mesa one floating around (where the guy burns all his stuff).

Burst out laughing. if there really is such a video, I NEED to see it.

From what I've seen it adheres strictly to the senority list EXCEPT if you do not meet the requirements. That happened to several guys who were hired very low time and their number came up very quickly. They were passed up until they met the time req. Otherwise it's right down the list.

Fred

www.alpa.org/colgan

Its a total bullshlt system. Those who kiss ass, dont bitch about being shorted pay, dont bitch about their schedule, and dont call in sick get a chance to "interview" for upgrade.

This shlt wouldn't fly if we had ALPA.

You signed your contract with Colgan, not Colgan - a subsidiary of Pinnacle. Your contract is void. Leave now, you crying little B!atch.

Latest resources

Back