Colgan to being Contract Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CJC Contract Negotiations Scheduled to Begin September 23
Our first bargaining session with management will be September 23-25. This is the first of what will become monthly sessions for our Negotiating Committee to sit down with management and negotiate our first contract.

The Negotiating CommitteeCaptain Barry Nomann (IAH), Captain Richard Jurkiewicz (EWR), and First Officer Nathan Hillard (EWR)have the MEC’s FULL support. If you see them in the crewroom, on the crew bus, or are swapping airplanes with them, wish them the best of luck! They have spent the past few months training and preparing to bargain for the benefit of all Colgan pilots. Your participation in the web survey earlier this summer was invaluable to their work. They have the pulse of the pilot group and will make those concerns known to management at the table. Our Negotiating Committee speaks for us!

Ah yes, training to learn how to BS the pilot group.

Pilots should be flying airplanes not negotiating contracts.
Pay the money and get yourself a professional negotiator. The high price ones in N.Y. will be the best money spent. Then hire a great lawyer to write the contract.
Use the pilots as a informational resource for the lawyers. .02

Pilots should be flying airplanes not negotiating contracts.
Pay the money and get yourself a professional negotiator. The high price ones in N.Y. will be the best money spent. Then hire a great lawyer to write the contract.
Use the pilots as a informational resource for the lawyers. .02

Every ALPA pilot group has a professional negotiator.

And look where a ALPA negotiators got us.
Fire them all and hire the best. If ALPA was going to supply your heart surgeon, would you feel safe? Sending pilots off to a two week, beer drinking negotiation seminar isn't going to achieve stellar results. You give a list of the things the pilot group wants to your negotiator and lock them and management up in a room till the contract gets completed. Hopefully you will get most of what you asked for. The better the negotiator, the more he/she confuses management and the better the contract. I have worked with these guys and we are not in the same league whatsoever. It would be like a bunch of kids pitching to A-Rod.

And look where a ALPA negotiators got us.

You mean the best pilot contracts in the history of professional aviation? Yeah, that's just horrible. :rolleyes:

If ALPA was going to supply your heart surgeon, would you feel safe?

No, I would go to the AMA for that. Just as I would go to the IBT if I was looking for professional negotiators for trucker contracts. When it comes to professional negotiators for pilot contracts, ALPA can't be beat.

Sending pilots off to a two week, beer drinking negotiation seminar isn't going to achieve stellar results.

The Negotiating Committee members work with the professional negotiators. The negotiator is there to make sure that the business of negotiating is handled properly, while the NC is there to make sure that pilot issues are addressed properly. It's a good system.

You give a list of the things the pilot group wants to your negotiator and lock them and management up in a room till the contract gets completed.

You wouldn't like the results.

I'm a member, but give it a break. ALPA's history at the regional negotiations is horrendous

. Can you say "interest base bargining". Ibb was alpa's idea.

I'm a member, but give it a break. ALPA's history at the regional negotiations is horrendous

. Can you say "interest base bargining". Ibb was alpa's idea.

I hate to break it to you, but integrative bargaining (aka interests-based or IBB) was around a long time before ALPA ever started using it. It's a good system, however, if you have a management team that is interested in productive talks.

No, I would go to the AMA for that. Just as I would go to the IBT if I was looking for professional negotiators for trucker contracts. When it comes to professional negotiators for pilot contracts, ALPA can't be beat.

How can you say this when you have Mesa with a crap contract and Pinnacle with a crap contract that just TA'd what seems like ANOTHER crap contract?

Latest resources

Back