Colgan thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mung,

Are you serious dude? No doubt you guys work hard flying that light twin around, but is that something to brag about. Its all about gettin paid more to do less. There are plenty of other 1900 folks on this board who quietly go about their business like the rest of us. Come on, get real.

I guess mom and dad can afford to support you even after paying for that high priced Riddle education. Good for you, but I think I'd want to keep that to myself. Probably still live at home at 27, proud of that too?

Hey ATRCA:

I like to jump on Mung's ass just as much as the next guy, but you need to back off on this topic. Here's why:

I have no idea who the guy is, much less if his parents help him out, or not. Or, even if he lives at home. I do know this though, that's what parents and loving families are there for -- to support their kids in their dreams in whatever ways they deem fit. That's one of the many things moms and dads do.

Before you jump on my ass about mommy and daddy helping me out, they don't. I had a real job for years, and saved up lots of money to be independent enough to support myself while being a regional pilot. But, I can tell you this: my family would help me at the drop of a hat if need be. That is what family is for, pal. That's what being a parent is about -- children before self; help them all you can, then be d@mned proud that they are spending a life doing what they truly love, whether it's being an airline pilot, being a garbage man, or, even (God forbid) being a TSA employee.

Seems to me that you may be just a little jealous of those whose parents are in a position, or just willing, to help them. If his parents help him eat and pay his rent, that does not make him a bad pilot.

Get that chip off your shoulder, or it'll get that attitude of yours out of CG one day and get an airplane load of people killed.

I need a drink. :mad:

I guess mom and dad can afford to support you even after paying for that high priced Riddle education. Good for you, but I think I'd want to keep that to myself. Probably still live at home at 27, proud of that too?

Are you upset that mom and dad didn't pay for your high priced education? Maybe you couldn't even qualify to get that high priced education. Some of us, me included, paid for that high price education ourselves. Some of us even paid for all of our certificates ourselves too. And sadly enough, some of us will be paying off that high priced education for years and years and years and years to come.

mmmm... if u have parents willing to help out... u better dang well take advantage of it.... !! you are stupid not to... and if you dont have parents willing to help out... it's just the cards you're dealt with... there's no need for you to put others down.... sounds like u need some growin up to do....

anyway... i would be more than happy to have my kids live with me even if they're past 18... your antiquated american nuclear family mentality is inferior compared to the world view of family elsewhere.. i wiped my kids' butts.. they better **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well clean and wipe mine when i get old... i'm definitely not gonna be living in a rest home to rot... there is definitely nothin wrong with it...

Proud Papa!

Thought the CHILD LABOR LAWS prevented children from suffering such a fate as having to work at an airline. Drive a bus. Sit on a couch. My first job was washing dishes and bussing tables...not much to whine about there, you just humped ass or got fired.

This morning I picked a book up off of the coffee table of a retired NWA Captain's. It was called "Death on the ice". It was about a tragedy in 1914, where some Newfoundland Sealers were killed on the ice flows hunting seals because they got left out there for three days on foot. The pictures of the corpses filling the deck area on the bow of the recovery ship were chilling none the less.

Long story short... people on this planet and in this country have jobs and have had jobs that were not comfortable, not clean to do, not easy to do and were life risking for pennies on the dollar. I say take your complaints about your little airline job, that you BEGGED to get at the interview, and go tell em to a West Virginia coal miner, a commercial fisherman, a person that debones chickens or renders hides, drives that huge bull dozer in a land fill in some hot southern climate where it stinks like sombody SHlT on death. Go tell them sombody made you drive a company van to go to work. I bet when that budwiser drinking, blue collar worker hears your whine, his answer will be to punch the teeth out of your mouth and F@CK the bloody spot.

There are alot of people out in the REAL world that are laid off or fighting a war in a foreign county right now, so keep your whining to yourself. You interviewed there, it's your dream job to be an airline pilot, quit whining and get to work.

Last edited:
WrightAvia said:
There are alot of people out in the REAL world that are laid off or fighting a war in a foreign county right now, so keep your whining to yourself. You interviewed there, it's your dream job to be an airline pilot, quit whining and get to work.

The chick in your picture has a nice ass.

Not only that, but when she lets go with some wholesome, .223 caliber, belt fed goodness from that stoner, her nice boobie knockers bounce around pretty good too.

Last edited:
Mungus' life

Hey ATRCA, I am 27 years old, did not attend riddle, own my own home ( yes on a Colgan Salary, no its not a single wide!) Have a wife who is in college and a child. Have not been supported by the family since I was 21. Just to clear things up!:p
T-Jet, thanx for the props mate. Cheers to you!

Last edited:
I'm proud of you.

BYW, livin at homw is BS! My parents would probably let me, but give me a break.

Tityjet, its ok bro, you live at home no big deal (wink wink). I moved out when I was 18, went to college and I've never been back. No chip by the way, my parents are not poor and I did not have to climb up hill both ways to get to school. My parents have been there for me just as much as anyone else, I just happen to have a shred of self respect and at 30 I would NEVER live at home. Sure it would be easy to go home, but come on. If you've got to live at home to have this career than is it really worth having? If you say yes, then your whats wrong with this industry.

BTW Tity, I'm professional enough to do my job well regardless of whats going outside the cockpit, so spare me the "people killing" BS. Just flew 50 people safely from MCI to EWR about an hour ago, so you can rest well, they'll be no dyin if I have anything to do with it.

Chow

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back