colgan questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mr roper said:
upgrade time in beech? Who knows, depends on your time when you come to Colgan. Plan on 10 -12 months, however, it may get stretched out soon due to an FO shortage. Alot of folks are leaving or in the process of looking for another carrier. I know of several FO's that are on there way out, and I know of three Beech captains that have quit in the last two month, mostly due to scheduling issues. It may get worse before it gets better. I am just holding on by the seat of my pants.

junior beech base?? All of them. Probably something like Hyannis or Augusta. Again, with pilots that I know are leaving, it could be open season. Purely needs of the company at the time you come through training.

QOL? If you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all. Honestly, its not all bad, but the schedules are long duty days at many bases (12 - 14 hours) with varying flight times. Altoona and Shenandoah have seen some of the worst normal schedules with 14 hours dutys and 4 hours of flying. Very frustrating to spend your whole day sitting around not getting paid.

maintenance? Plenty of it. Not very good. Needs improvement. Nuff said.

days off per month? This can vary based on number of crew at a base. 10 is the guarantee, but you could easily lose this at a maintenance base like Hyannis. My buddies at BKW and SHD have been averaging 12 - 14, but again, some months are better than others. No rhyme or reason to why things work out one month, but are cruddy the next.

thanks in advance!!
Welcome after the fact.

Latest resources

Back