• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You can use any us airways mainline or regional partner very easy. And the system has lots of options in the northeast. Many flights. You can call a 1-800 # to find out all the flights, and all the loads on the flights...to see if you will have a seat or not. After a while you will have it all memorized. And if you have to, you can jumpseat on other airlines to get around. During your days on.....you most likely will have to sleep at your base....at your own expence. This is a necesary evil of our system. So there are some crashpads available. May be whiteplains could be a nice base for you? I don't know how close that is. We have some people that just drive an hour and a half or so to their base whenever they have to work. I will say this.....it all totally beats flight instruction so far!

Well IAD has choices too....and if it doens't work....DCA is close by...and it has lots of US Airways flights.

Are they hiring or not?
I have seen several ads for positions, but I am not going to pay some fee to apply if there are no jobs.

Colgan Air is hiring. Interviews are to begin soon if they haven't already started. Classes are planned to begin in April. We are picking up more routes and opening more bases. We need pilots.

People in other threads on regional hiring have already been called for interviews soon after applying.

Those of you that have been called by Colgan: What kind of times do you have? I've been updating my resume with them since I had 1000 hours every single month and I also filled out their new application last month. It's frustrating to hear that somebody just recently filled out the application with relatively low time and got the call soon after when I've been trying so hard for so long. Its good to hear that people are getting called though.
Thanks.

It's frustrating to hear that somebody just recently filled out the application with relatively low time and got the call soon after when I've been trying so hard for so long.

People with low time who get called generally have Beech 1900 time and or military time..

to all of those that applied to my thread, thanks.. I have an interview this comming week and am looking foward to it. I appreciate the info everyone has provided

Latest resources

Back