Colgan Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jayspilot

I am curious if any colgan drivers out there can tell me what a typical schedule is like. Duty days, days off.. junior bases, upgrade rumors...thanks

You average around 5 hours a day. 11-16 days off a month. 16 hour duty day. You basically fly to the same 2 to 7 airports all month....or for as long as you are at a base. Which could be for one month...or for a year or so. They have almost 20 different bases....and you can pretty much have a shot at any of them. Some are just saab bases though/ or just beech bases. Job is solid though....in a rough time in the industry. We fly regulary...and no one does much reserve. Lots to like about it, lots to like not as much. Upgrade rumors? I have no idea....upgrade is based on seniority, hours, and i have heard "if they like you or not".

Colgan...

Hi all,

I am looking for some info. about Colgan, such as: bases, upgrades, pay scale for CPT. and FO., schedule etc...

Thanks very much.

P.S. I heard, that Colgan is getting ERJ's or CRJ's...Is this true???

P.S. I heard, that Colgan is getting ERJ's or CRJ's...Is this true???

NOT true...

When the rest of the airlines starts beaming people around like they do in star trek, Colgan may get jets.

Duty days, days off.. junior bases, upgrade rumors...thanks

Upgrade in the 1900... They like 2500 total, 1000 in type, 1 year with the company. We have no union, and have a lot of low time pilots, so it does not go in seniority order. If you come in with high time and a lot of multi time, you can expect an upgrade in 6-8 months. The 1000 in type is wanted, not an insurance requirement.

Upgrade in the Saab.. The above numbers are the same, but realistically you are looking at 2-3 years with the company. Maybe this will improve if we pick up more Saabs. The company seems to be happier transitioning people from Beech captain to Saab captain rather than upgrading a lot from within the Saab.

BRA was pretty accurate on the rest..

Not a bad company to work for if you want to build time at a good pace. The airplanes aren't brand new, but the flying is fun!

LGA...

How many planes/pilots is based in LGA?, and how hard is to get LGA as a base?

Thanks again...

Planes and pilots based in LGA... 0

We do not have a LGA base.. Our base system is made up of outstations for the most part. We fly into the hubs from those outstations.

Current bases that I can remember

Beech

HEF
ALB
BUF
SYR
AUG
BHB
PQI
HYA
HTS
LEB
JTS
Shenandoah Valley and Altoona opening in MAY
BKW closing in May
LNS closing in March

SAAB bases

MHT
HEF
PWM
PVD
ROA
ORF

commuting...

Hi chperplt...

Thank you for the info.

How many people are commuting to work?, and how hard would be to commute from NYC lets say to ALB, SYR or PVD ?

Best regards.

From NYC would be a very easy commute if you use LGA. That is about the easiest commute you can get i say.

Latest resources

Back