Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rhino3040

Beeeeaaach1900flyer
Any thoughts\Insights on what senority number the Q400 will hold on the bidding process.

Q400

To all the Colgan pilots out there, are there going to be allot of SF340 pilots that want the DHC-8-400 out of EWR? Or will there be hiring off the street for the Dash? Any thoughts or insight on that would be helpfull to my future decision making!!

Sortin the bids the other day I didnt see too many EWR base change requests. I have a feeling that as long as your in the middle of seniority and you request it, chances are you will get it. Seems most are completly uninterested in the change. Have heard a few who like the idea of moving to a different aircraft as the Saab is getting "boring."

-Rob

Ewr

Sortin the bids the other day I didnt see too many EWR base change requests. I have a feeling that as long as your in the middle of seniority and you request it, chances are you will get it. Seems most are completly uninterested in the change. Have heard a few who like the idea of moving to a different aircraft as the Saab is getting "boring."

-Rob

So getting hired into the DHC-8 is out of the question at the end of this year?

So getting hired into the DHC-8 is out of the question at the end of this year?

Hired from the street? Im sure they will be putting people into the right seat. No Capt from the Saab or Beech is going to move to the Q400 as an FO, and I doubt any current Saab/Beech FO is going to want to move into a new aircraft as that just puts upgrade time even further in the future.

-Rob

I'm sure they will hire fo's for the ship, but not captains. I'm just trying to get an idea if anybody has heard as to what senority number for captain will actually start training for it in the fall.

Rumor has it 40 Captains and 2 F/Os bid it. Add that to the 14 hand picked to start the program and it looks like Capts slots are filled. One of the aircraft will be lighter than all the others as they won't have to put checklists on it.

Why would the FO's bid it without a raise?? to commute to New Jersey?
Why would anyone bid it?? Even the CA's pay is crap when you have to commute - maybe we have 40 CA's that live there already!

I've said what I'd go for - looks like they won't be recruiting me! good luck to all those that want it - I hope the first time I see one, I'm wearing different stripes!! Ya'll be good.

They are already offering SAAB Capt. to Beech FOs! And, with no friggin bypass pay for the rest of us! Oh yeah, all of us ALPA "chest thumpers" don't want to work, I forgot that...

Rumor has it 40 Captains and 2 F/Os bid it. Add that to the 14 hand picked to start the program and it looks like Capts slots are filled. One of the aircraft will be lighter than all the others as they won't have to put checklists on it.

40 huh? a bit more than I thought would do it. Good, it should keep the street captains out. As an FO, I don't see why anyone would bid the q400. MAybe the really new guys, but anyone thats been here a yr or more stands to upgrade. The FO's on the q400 are looking at three years in the right seat to get to the 3200 hrs. The pay scale should have reflected that. The pay scale should have reflected a lot more also............

Whens the first class after cadre? I can't download the damn vacancy announcements.

Latest resources

Back