• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan / Pinnacle Corp rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was working for Valuejet back in those days and it seems like they mostly wanted a new name so that the pax didn’t associate them with the accident. They may have had other reasons but I think it was primarily driven by marketing rather than liability.

I was working for Valuejet back in those days and it seems like they mostly wanted a new name so that the pax didn’t associate them with the accident. They may have had other reasons but I think it was primarily driven by marketing rather than liability.

That is not something to be proud of. In fact, I would be embarrassed to tell people I flew for Valujet.

In the case of colgan, they probably need to get to sued, unless the NTSB determines that it was hit by a meteor.

The families are due something, and the insurance company would lowball them if they did not sue...just the way it is. There are kids to support, and put through college...

Once a lawsuit is filled, it is too late to hide assets. I'm sure that Colgan's insurance will get maxed out, but they will also tap CAL...their policy is probably worth one billion or more.

As to whether this will affect 9E, it all depends on the corporate structure...9E will probably be shielded if the corporations were built properly.

They will not come anywhere close to maxing out the policy. Recovery is based on your life expectancy and earning capacty and not much else. All of the cases will settle long before going to court. Look at the Comair crash, they settled with every passenger and those were terrible facts for the Company.

That is not something to be proud of. In fact, I would be embarrassed to tell people I flew for Valujet.

I certainly wasn’t trying to come across as being proud.

Why would you be embarrassed?

I was working for Valuejet back in those days and it seems like they mostly wanted a new name so that the pax didn’t associate them with the accident.

Gum, you beat me to it! Didn't VJ buy Airtran (which was a small separate airline then) to get the new name, to disassociate itself from the old name?

I am sure that this rumor was probably started by a bunch of middle management types with no actual info.

By middle management, I assume you mean senior captains that just think about the good ole days.

Latest resources

Back