Colgan pilot pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Capn Lucky said:
My favorite was seeing him make a beeline for newstands so he could see the latest edition of "Seventeen" or some other teen age girl's magazines.

I thought this was SOP ....

Capn Lucky said:
I can't believe I actually miss that place sometimes.

There's a masochist burried deep inside all of us ....

Two weeks after I started at Colgan, I flew with him for three straight weeks. What an experience. I remember saying:

"If you want permission to exceed 200 kts within 4 nm of this Class C airport, you ask. I'm not going to again."

"We can't fly through that. It's magenta."

"If I'm scared up here, the passengers are really scared in the back"

Does anyone know what became of him?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what became of him?

He got hired at Cape Air shortly after getting the ax at Colgan. I believe an ex Cape Air guy called down there and put a stop to it.

My guess is he's a boy scout troop leader and will be on the news some day for child molestation.

hugh, you might want to get rid of that "carrying it" remark. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
as far as I know the Cape Air thing never happened. He always made for some entertaining stories.

You know as time goes on and I forget SOME of the truely ridiculous horrible times at Colgan; the fond memories of Colgan bashing in PIT, standing at the bottom of the steps of a 1900 while a beautiflul woman in a short skirt boards, and telling Capt. Smokesalot off come back. I do have to say that I miss the close ties with the pilot group there, with of course one exception. By the way, how is Diane P.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back