Colgan pilot pool

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

l-ron

I had an interview sometime around 3/22 and hadnt heard anything so I decided to call yesterday and talk to hr to find out the status. They told me that I was in a pool and should hear something in May or June. Is anyone else in the same boat?

l-ron said:
Do you have any idea on why some recieved the call right away and others get to wait?

I think that they saving us for the B1900, because they are only hiring to the saab right now. That's my WAG. I wrote that in another post.

But who know's for sure. All I would be happy with a call and that say that you are hired but we are waiting for a ground school date for you. I would be happy with that. Is that too hard to do????

They are just not that into you.

Ever had a girl seem to really like you, but she kept putting you off until she had "more free time?" She probably liked you, but liked some other guy alot better. Maybe she was keeping you on the back burner until the thing with guy #1 fell through.

Maybe Colgan likes you, but has some other applicants they like better that they want to get through the pipeline first, hoping you'll stick around for sloppy seconds.

Ok, in all seriousness, I know of several Eagle guys with Saab time who have been hired and placed into classes within a week or two. These are guys with several thousands of hours of 121 Saab time. Of course they will take these guys first - they need this experience level so Houston won't be a flop.

Just an observation from someone that used to work there.

Last edited:
English said:
They are just not that into you.

Ever had a girl seem to really like you, but she kept putting you off until she had "more free time?" She probably liked you, but liked some other guy alot better. Maybe she was keeping you on the back burner until the thing with guy #1 fell through.

Maybe Colgan likes you, but has some other applicants they like better that they want to get through the pipeline first, hoping you'll stick around for sloppy seconds.

Ok, in all seriousness, I know of several Eagle guys with Saab time who have been hired and placed into classes within a week or two. These are guys with several thousands of hours of 121 Saab time. Of course they will take these guys first - they need this experience level so Houston won't be a flop.

Just an observation from someone that used to work there.

What you wrote is true, but the waiting sucks. I waited one year for my current job. And I don't want to wait one year. Mesa is looking good right now. Well I am going to enjoy my day off. And keeping my cell phone close.

well, I recieved a call from some one who interviewed with me and that person recieve the thanks no thanks letter today from Colgan. Now I am kinda worried.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back