Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Indy319FA

Starving Regional Pilot
I'm getting ready to send some resumes out and I am doing some research so I have some idea of what companies are paying right now. I noticed on the Airline Pilot Central website that Colgan pays $1.35/hr per diem, but a friend told me that you guys only get paid per diem when you are TDY'd from your domicile.

So what's the scoop? Do you guys get per diem or not?

Not looking to start a flame war, just the facts please.

Thanks

Indy319FA said:
I'm getting ready to send some resumes out and I am doing some research so I have some idea of what companies are paying right now. I noticed on the Airline Pilot Central website that Colgan pays $1.35/hr per diem, but a friend told me that you guys only get paid per diem when you are TDY'd from your domicile.

So what's the scoop? Do you guys get per diem or not?

Not looking to start a flame war, just the facts please.

Thanks

Thats correct, we only get per diem when your TDY'D away from your base. Otherwise no per diem.

Dirty Sanchez said:
If you are deciding where to apply based on per diem, you should do great in your interviews...

Well genuis, since I currently make 6 grand a year on per diem it does make a difference. Unfortunately I take a little pride in what I do, and I don't give my services away, unlike some people.

I think you are a tool and should stay in the back and serve me sodas. Ac flown airbus and E170 yeah why don' t you put sim next to that.
PS A glass of ice would be nice and I am out of peanuts thanks.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
I think you are a tool and should stay in the back and serve me sodas. Ac flown airbus and E170 yeah why don' t you put sim next to that.
PS A glass of ice would be nice and I am out of peanuts thanks.

I could care less about your opinion......

21,000 hours and still in the Saab? Better shore up your glass house before throwing stones....

Thanks for the info, Ace. Much appreciated. Now that the kids have decided to come out and start throwing rocks, I'm done. Looks like this thread is going down the toilet now that the punks are out (as usual).

Usually since we are home at our base every night there is no per diem. Only when you are gone more than 24 hours is when you get per diem.

TNHillbilly said:
Usually since we are home at our base every night there is no per diem. Only when you are gone more than 24 hours is when you get per diem.

Thanks for the info.........

O no George you have a witty competitor. No per diem unless you TDY. Home every night is a plus, if you live where u are based. Sure the extra 400 or so a month is great, but hey you probably would spend it all on beer or wine anyhow when away on overnights!
Good luck on the resume' deal.

Ps. I would change your profile and remove Republic--- you never know who knows you!

Latest resources

Back