Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Peeps in IAH good luck and get out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Godfather

Trying to reason with hurricane season...

Just a quick note to all my fellow Colgan friends and employees and anyone else in the path of Rita in the IAH area that may affected...

Good luck to everyone in getting out of Houston. (The rest of the paragraph has been deleted thanks to the PM's I'm getting for kissing Colgan's A**) Maybe I should have said, "Get out and move on and not due to Rita." And not to forget the classic, "GF, you tool, go and f*** yourself you puke. It's tools like you that make the rest of us look bad. Now go and get that greeter job at Walmart, you don't deserve to be here and to be a pilot."

If you guys get the hurricane parties going in Del Rio, Abilene, Tyler and SJT drink several in my honor. Godspeed

There PMer's, is that better? Chper...slap my f'n head. What am I saying?

Last edited:
I was VERY impressed how I was called and told that there was a aircraft reserved for employees and family if you need to evacuate IAH.

That's the FIRST sign of this company treating me like the family run airline it claimed to be.

THANKS FOR CARING COLGAN!

That's the FIRST sign of this company treating me like the family run airline it claimed to be.

THANKS FOR CARING COLGAN!

Come on now... This is the same company that put out a memo after the last major Florida hurricane telling people that they better plan accordingly and show up for work. Also the same company that put out a memo after a major winter storm a couple years ago telling people they better show up for work.

Colgan doesn't give a rats ass about the employees. With Continental canceling all flights, they probably get a tax write off to move airplanes "if" they made them available to people and their families.

I don't believe for one second that the "ice queen" (for those that aren't new, you know who I'm talking about) was the sole individual behind those memos.

If you really think the Colgan family cares, wait until the next accident and see how much they care...

There must have been two ice queens at Colgan, then, because the one I knew is now at AirTran (I hear).

I was in Grand Cayman on 9/11, and couldn't get out. No flights into the states, no ships either. I finally got a flight (illegally) into MIA on an AA flight that had diverted into Cayman from South America. My only problem now was getting a flight back to base. I couldn't even find a rental car to drive the 1000 or so miles it would have been. I called and told them my predicament and that I would make it back as soon as I could. They threatened to fire me if I wasn't back in time.

Needless to say, they weren't up flying again for several days, and I only missed one day of work. I wasn't fired, but furloughed instead a few days later. Never went back.

I'm glad to hear they've had a change of heart, but, like chperplt, I find it hard to believe.

Latest resources

Back