• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan New Hire - WTFO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I took my ATP written at 20, I work 121 so its one less thing to worry about, did it for a college credit. You can take your ATP checkride at 15 years old, you just need to wait until you're 23 to pick it up and excercize the privelages.

Last edited:
I didn't realize that PDT was in that bad of shape!
Oh, believe it. We can't get enough warm body's to fill the classes we run, I looked on the website today and saw we are down to 5(started with 7) in the April 9 new-hire class and a whoping 6 are slated to start on the 25th.

Sec. 61.35

Knowledge test: Prerequisites and passing grades.

(a) An applicant for a knowledge test must have:
(1) Received an endorsement, if required by this part, from an authorized instructor certifying that the applicant accomplished the appropriate ground-training or a home-study course required by this part for the certificate or rating sought and is prepared for the knowledge test; and
(2) Proper identification at the time of application that contains the applicant's--
(i) Photograph;
(ii) Signature;
(iii) Date of birth, which shows the applicant meets or will meet the age requirements of this part for the certificate sought before the expiration date of the airman knowledge test report; and
(iv) Actual residential address, if different from the applicant's mailing address.
(b) The Administrator shall specify the minimum passing grade for the knowledge test.

[Amdt. 61-102, 62 FR 16298, Apr. 4, 1997, as amended by Amdt. 61-104, 63 FR 20286, Apr. 23, 1998]

I can certainly see the advantage in hiring low time pilots into a commercial operation. Better to get them before they develop bad habits and you can train them per your SOP.

Good for him! He's in a great position getting hired on at 19. If he sticks it out there, he should have pretty good seniority by the time he can upgrade. If he moves on to another regional in a few years he'd probably be able to upgrade in an RJ when he's 23.

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

Sec. 61.35

Knowledge test: Prerequisites and passing grades.

(a) An applicant for a knowledge test must have:
(1) Received an endorsement, if required by this part, from an authorized instructor certifying that the applicant accomplished the appropriate ground-training or a home-study course required by this part for the certificate or rating sought and is prepared for the knowledge test; and
(2) Proper identification at the time of application that contains the applicant's--
(i) Photograph;
(ii) Signature;
(iii) Date of birth, which shows the applicant meets or will meet the age requirements of this part for the certificate sought before the expiration date of the airman knowledge test report; and
(iv) Actual residential address, if different from the applicant's mailing address.
(b) The Administrator shall specify the minimum passing grade for the knowledge test.

[Amdt. 61-102, 62 FR 16298, Apr. 4, 1997, as amended by Amdt. 61-104, 63 FR 20286, Apr. 23, 1998]

Good job on the highlighting - now find the paragraph that says there is no expiration date is you're employed by a 121 (or I think 135) carrier.

They need more blood here man,,, no FOs to fly! People are smartening up and not going to the regionals anymore.

Latest resources

Back