Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

Hey wanna see a joke!

June lines into and around PIT. 16 hour duty day for no joke 1.5 hours flight time. Not only that but also hot reserves for up to 4 hours! WHAT A JOKE

Hey wanna see a joke!

June lines into and around PIT. 16 hour duty day for no joke 1.5 hours flight time. Not only that but also hot reserves for up to 4 hours! WHAT A JOKE

Does that PIT line include the 4 hour reserve? If so pack your bags for a night in Manassas to sit with your broken plane ;D

-Rob

Thats pretty rough, but with any kind of seniority you can bid out of that place pretty quickly. Speaking of lines...Kinda curious about what is going on at HYA considering ALL the bid packages are prepared, EXCEPT HYA. I guess we will be "happily" ferrying airplanes and doing damage control to the schedule all summer...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

isnt that called 'the pit sit"?

When I was a scheduler and the CHO crews where based at HEF, we would have 2 crews arrive in the morning, the CHO crew would arrive earlier than the PIT crew because it takes longer to repo down there. It was pretty much a guarantee that one of the two aircraft would be down, so the CHO crew would always get the first pick. So we came up with the saying "The CHO will go, but the PIT will sit."

Whichever crew gets the IAD-HPN round trips normally has a 4 hour sit in IAD which is used to repo planes to HEF when needed, sucks if you actually do sit in IAD.

-Rob

the CHO crew would arrive earlier than the PIT crew because it takes longer to repo down there. It was pretty much a guarantee that one of the two aircraft would be down, so the CHO crew would always get the first pick. So we came up with the saying "The CHO will go, but the PIT will sit."

-Rob

Colgan knew and still knows the dollaz are in CHO'ville, where the loads are always near full and they can control the price/schedule on the LGA stuff. The IAD-PIT run (especially in the a.m.) is a joke- never more than a few pax. And anyone ever based in HEF knows how often the morning planes leave on-time (i.e. get to know the couch).

Hey wanna see a joke!

A scheduled 16 hour duty day? Do you have a min. day pay? WTF over! I would be beating on a unions door fast!! Holy Crap!!

I thought some of the lifers on here said that colgan does'nt build reserve days into a hard line holders schedules?????????? Just give that line to Bubba!:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Latest resources

Back