Colgan info plz

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Charley,

I burned up the phone lines in the first week of December (when it became abundantly clear that a recall to my last employer was getting further and further away, not closer), and in some cases I faxed again on or about Christmas. Since I only faxed Colgan that one time, I guess the response time was just over a month.

As for any further information, I pretty much have none. I don't know what the pay scales are, I don't know in what capacity they might want me to join their team if they hire me (Saab FO? Beech FO? Street captain for the Beech? No idea.), I don't know if they would require a training contract/resignation from prior company, anything... Though I would presume one or both of the latter.

I am a little concerned about the possibility of surviving on Beech FO pay in the Boston/DC areas, since they appear to be the only domiciles, and I know they are VERY expensive places to live... But if it's all I've got, it's all I've got. Make do somehow. No pay during training is a stumbling block, too.

Well for the time being it's all academic... Gotta see if they want to hire me first. Three interviews in three weeks, at least I feel like I'm not invisible!

First of all...

Prior to this I had been given a broken plane in BHB and was to ferry it to HYA fuel leak problem....less than 1800 lbs on board at midnight...words from the then Chief Pilots mouth " If you have a back up plan I'll not consider it reckless if you touch down with the low level fuel indicator lights on" now you tell me.

I know you can get fuel in BHB at midnight.. Which chief pilot are you refering? I can't imagine those exact words coming from any chief pilot.

Granted, the people in MNZ like to see airplanes fly, but they would rather park it than crash it.

IP,

I am a little concerned about the possibility of surviving on Beech FO pay in the Boston/DC areas, since they appear to be the only domiciles, and I know they are VERY expensive places to live...

First of all, if you are on the beech, I seriously doubt it'll be as an FO. We're getting short on Beech captains and I would imagine that is where they would place you. I think 1st year Beech Cpt pay is 31 or 32 an hour. Boston and DC are not bases.. 1900 bases are BKY, HYA, BHB, BGR, PQI, AUG, LEB, and DAY. HEF may open up once again as a base.. PWM may open up as well in the summer. SAAB bases are HEF, PVD, PWM, and Huntington, WV. (might be more) Bases will shuffle a little in the next few months as the SAABs are brought back on-line and we pick up new routes. Many of our bases are not in expensive areas. PWM and HYA are the exception. Training contract at last check was one year and not sure about the seniorty...

Scudrunner... Darrell Mitchell is LONG gone.. Unofficial word is that his resume was one part reality and two parts imagination.... but again, that's the unoficial word.

Chprplt I guess you are questioning me......
AT THE TIME the fuelers would come in early just for COlgan Planes leaving for BOS..needless to say they would leave by about 9:00 pm. I came in from Bos with 3200 lbs and had to give my sound plane up to a BHB crew who had the problem early but due to indecision from HEF...were on the ground until we showed up.......
THe release was amended to reflect the feul on the plane as we got there...I have a copy here at home........
The FO I was with that night did a thourough preflight..I called dispatch to try and get more fuel for teh 01:00 AM flight to HYA....
Jeb Barrett was called by dispatch at night and told of my concern...he was conference called to me in BHB...
Any more questions?

so It was a bad romour...thanks....
Another friend actually has a taped conversation of Chief Pilot telling him to go below minimums...
and I'll say this I have been in the same room as the taperecorder...so have others....

I hear "Mr Dandy Day " is back in HYA...He knows of this situation also...he had just gone to mainline when I told him of it....

chperplt

Thanks so much for the info! I guess I just mis-read the website, or more accurately, read Boston and Dulles as the HUBS and automatically assumed that meant "domiciles". As for the existing crew bases, I will have to look some of those up and figure out where they are. :)

Well I guess we'll see what they want from me, and if they WANT me, and then I will worry about it from there.

Latest resources

Back