• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Crash!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fox News reports 21 on board US Air Express Flight 509. Can a B1900 hold 21? Anyway I hope everyone is ok.

19 in the back, plus two pilots = 21.
just watching this on CNBC.

MSNBC reporting 2 on board.

Last edited:
Colgan 9446, aircraft LVO. I'm looking at the release, but out of respect for the crewmembers, I wont say their names...

May they rest in peace

Wasn't Christa was it? (I think she works there, but not sure what a/c she's on.. haven't talked to her in ages).

Colgan 9446, aircraft LVO. I'm looking at the release, but out of respect for the crewmembers, I wont say their names...
Since your looking at the release was it a MX repo and what was wrong with the aircraft?

Plane Carrying Two Crashes Off Cape Cod

Here is the latest news on the crash...

51 minutes ago

By MATT PITTA, Associated Press Writer

YARMOUTH, Mass. - A commuter plane carrying only two pilots crashed Tuesday in Hyannis Harbor off Cape Cod, an airline spokeswoman said. The fate of the pilots was not immediately known.

The Colgan Air Beechcraft 1900 went down three miles short of the runway at Hyannis Airport, airline spokeswoman Mary Finnegan said.

The Federal Aviation Administration said the pilot declared an emergency shortly after takeoff and was returning to land at Hyannis when the crash occurred. The plane was originally on its way from Hyannis to Albany, N.Y., Finnegan said.

A Coast Guard spokesman initially said that the plane may have been carrying as many as 21 people, but Finnegan said that was not accurate. It is a twin-engine plane that seats 19 passengers, officials said.

Tim Bischoff, a businessman who said he witnessed the crash, told WHDH-TV, Channel 7 that he saw the plane with its landing gear down. He said the plane made a couple of "nose up and nose down movements" before crashing.

Rescue crews and divers were at the scene, and a section of what appeared to be the plane's tail could be seen just below the water.

Colgan Air is a carrier for US Airways Express, serving Cape Cod. The plane was in the middle of a "repositioning" flight, not a scheduled flight, when it went down, Finnegan said.

"Our thoughts and prayers are that our crew members are OK," Finnegan said.

Colgan Air, based in Manassas, Va., provides service to 31 cities and 11 states on the East Coast. It has hubs in Boston, New York, Pittsburgh and Washington.

WD.

Latest resources

Back