• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Cares

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who is the Colgan pilot group? And are the statements made on their home page representative of the entire group or just certain individuals?

Colgan was one of the worst places to work and in desperate need of ALPA when I was there 3 and 1/2 years ago. Since someone named Colgan is still running it, I can assume the same is still true. I questioned the several decisions while I was at Colgan and every time I was told I would fly or I would lose my job. Guess what, with ALPA, I can refuse to fly an aircraft due to safety or crew fatigue issues and there ain't crap they can do about it. They can fuss and fume, but they can't pull me off line for no reason. Also maybe now you all can get cancellation pay. Trust me, having been at Colgan and now ASA, life is so much better with representation. Vote for your profession, not to feed another fat Colgan.

Your welcome!!!
Grow up and stop stampeding around the airport looking for votes for a dying organization. The Colgans are right my 1.95 percent would be better in an 401K. Us airways is shutting you guys out for good reason.

Colgan vs Mesa (t-prop flying). Good friend of mine is a Saab CA at Colgan. I'm a Dash 8 CA at Mensa.(worlds smartest airline). We fly roughly same seats in the same region on same year pay. We are ALPA, he is not. He will work 15 days a month and still pull a larger paycheck then I would working 19. We discuss many details of each operatioin and QOL and Colgan has us beat hand down.

As I understand, Colgan management has upped FO pay to help attrition. At an ALPA airline, it would take years to get this done, even if management wanted to do it. (the union would ask for more, or not realy put effort into it becasue their focus is on the RJ pay rates.)
Does ALPA work for you? Who knows. Just got a letter from Herndon saying my insurance plan payments are delinquant. I didn't ever sign up for that. Say yourself the headach and disregard alpa. Try Teamsters. They have a good mob relationship and could realy rough up the mom and pops at Colgan.

The mob rules the Teamsters sounds awesome!

Okay you really are confusing. You don't want ALPA. Why?

Then you put up links for some BS Colgan anti union site.

Now you want Teamsters? Fine. When are you calling them to start a union drive at Colgan for Teamsters?

Are you part of the OC at Colgan for Teamsters?

Latest resources

Back