Colgan Captains?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

heywatchthis

NEWS FLASH! Colgan Air Captain & First Officer Interview Sessions (Aug 28th/29th at 9am, Location: Flight Safety LGA, New York). Interested pilots should email: [email protected]. Travel can be arranged for this event.

Is this true that Colgan is hiring Captains off the street again?

Last edited:
Yeesh... Only two years ago they were doing PFT, now they're (possibly) hiring street captains?

Must be because of the upcoming United deal in IAD. 6 airplanes' worth of flying means, what around 25 new crews? I guess they don't want to pilfer from the existing FO side.

Prop2Jet said:
Someone has to fly the planes!

How about you for let say ...............20$hr. what do ya think Capt.!:p

Yeah! How 'bout it! When they try to pay you their actual pay scale for a captain, you tell 'em you won't accept a dollar more than they pay Beech FO's!

Colgan hires a lot of pilots with fairly low time - about 1000 hours. With the expansion on the Saab side of the house, they are short FOs and Captains, and not enough FOs have the time to upgrade to meet demand. This has happened about 10 times in the past.

I don't have a problem with them hiring street captains (as they go to the bottom of the list and get the crap schedules forever), but in the past they have hired people who expected Colgan to operate like (insert large high-quality operator name here). They don't seem to stay around very long.

I would love to make captain now but considering I do not have the time yet i don't think it would be smart. Last time I checked Captain's make 41 an hour. Did something change?

Colgan hiring Street Captains is no rumor

heywatchthis said:
NEWS FLASH! Colgan Air Captain & First Officer Interview Sessions (Aug 28th/29th at 9am, Location: Flight Safety LGA, New York). Interested pilots should email: [email protected]. Travel can be arranged for this event.

Is this true that Colgan is hiring Captains off the street again?

Yes, let the Street Captain hiring begin...but beware...most of the Street Captain hiring will go straight to the Beech. If you have a Saab Type and current 121 left seat time then you'll go there.

More predicted rumors coming to a flightinfo.com regional thread near you...

Colgan eyeing FLYi.com...FLYi looking to dump 20-30 CRJs to raise $$$ or sell Indy outright.

Dash 8-300s to be 50 seater prop of choice.

Only 1 code share partner next year?

Prop2Jet said:
I would love to make captain now but considering I do not have the time yet i don't think it would be smart. Last time I checked Captain's make 41 an hour. Did something change?

$40/hr for the SAAB

Latest resources

Back