• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan-Buffalo crash...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well it says Aerodynamical stall!! I'm sure that includes the Capt stall technic that he use and the fo flap selection.... but fatigue oh noooo nooooo they where properly rested I guess!!! :/ Freaking FAA doesn't want to deal with that can of worms.

Guess what, we still have crewmembers doing transcontinental commutes to rest a few hours in a hotel/crashpad/crewroom and then do a 12 hr duty day. Anything to spend a few more hours at home.

Guess what, we still have crewmembers doing transcontinental commutes to rest a few hours in a hotel/crashpad/crewroom and then do a 12 hr duty day. Anything to spend a few more hours at home.

Oh I believe you!!! I'm a commuter my self...

Some guys can handle commuting transcon and do a cracking good job. Others? Yawning all damn day, nodding off, and doing the bare minimum and not giving a darn. It all depends on the person, but I find flying with commuters is not all that great, especially when they feel the need to inform you on leg 1 that they're gonna make the 7:30pm come heck or high water.

Well it says Aerodynamical stall!! I'm sure that includes the Capt stall technic that he use and the fo flap selection.... but fatigue oh noooo nooooo they where properly rested I guess!!! :/ Freaking FAA doesn't want to deal with that can of worms.

Since I suffered through your horrid grammer, I felt I had to respond. If memory serves me correctly, the FO commuted in right before the trip. If that's the case, what could improved FAA rest requirements have done to prevent her fatigue?

I'm not saying that FAA rest rules are adequate...in fact, they are LONG overdue for revision. But it would seem that you are upset that the FAA isn't doing something about commuting, which is something NO ONE wants.

Hahaha!!!! Good one....

Yes, that was. :) I misspelled one word whereas your entire post was written by Hooked on Phonics. Anyhow, my question remains unanswered: with respect to your challenge, what could the FAA have done about fatigue on the Colgan flight?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back