Colgan Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

New rumor is that Colgan is going to close all bases associated with PIT and move a CRW plane to Beckley WV. God, that means furloughs doesn't it?
What do you think. I'm not trying to start anything official here, just overheard some talks.

New rumor is that Colgan is going to close all bases associated with PIT and move a CRW plane to Beckley WV. God, that means furloughs doesn't it?
What do you think. I'm not trying to start anything official here, just overheard some talks.

Well, I am sure they need volunteers for the Dash 8 Q400 out of EWR. Of course, that means you unfortunately have to live close to EWR. There may be voluntary furloughs in that case.

What bases are left that go to PIT? Jamestown, Johnstown, Pittsburgh? Syracuse? So they close Jamestown and Johnstown and Pittsburgh? I don't think that is that many people. With BKW opening that is even less people. We are so short right now, the rest of the system would absorb the extra people. Plus if it happens, it won't happen until the new year. I think it seems like a bigger deal than it is, plus they will probably just take those bases to Dulles... Definately no furloughs, we can't hire enough people, and as soon as people find out what its like here they run for the door.

I'll eat the flat panel display I am looking at if we furlough a pilot. Are you on dope? :)

Your union can help you out.

What bases are left that go to PIT? Jamestown, Johnstown, Pittsburgh? Syracuse? So they close Jamestown and Johnstown and Pittsburgh? I don't think that is that many people. With BKW opening that is even less people. We are so short right now, the rest of the system would absorb the extra people. Plus if it happens, it won't happen until the new year. I think it seems like a bigger deal than it is, plus they will probably just take those bases to Dulles... Definately no furloughs, we can't hire enough people, and as soon as people find out what its like here they run for the door.

The word we are hearing is that the small bases will be going into PIT still but as United Express starting in Jan.,flying into the B gates.

we need a wager board on rumors. My bet:
Pcl holdings or whoever buys or rents the old aca hangar at IAD. All of the lost airways flying gets rebranded for united, and IAD will be the base. All colgan MX moves from HEF to iad, and the new hangar at HEF becomes part of capital aviation and a new full service FBO at HEF.

I think IAD makes the most sense. only problem is, they would have to come up with a some space. I am thinking remote parking like in iah.

Latest resources

Back