• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air/Pinnacle Sticks it to Pilots Group and ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's going to be pretty funny (for those who voted no anyways) when their FAs start getting paid more then them and have all sorts of contracted work protections.

I think Pinnacle has FAs that make over $20 an hour and $.15 an hour more in per diem than the pilots.

(Plus they got a free TravelPro roller bag for signing the contract!)

Hello,
This all together hilarious, saddening and frustrating all at the same time. First of all, good for the CJC flight attendants! They perform an often unappreciated job and do alot to mitigate the typically jacked up days that happen in the airlines.
I still strongly believe that Colgan missed an opportunity to stabilize our pilot group by having union representation. In fact, I think it is inevitable that Pinnacle Holdings will completely unionized, IF and only IF managment responds with tangible changes in work rules, benefits and compensation. Corporate propoganda about all the "opportunites" ahead for the employees is nothing more than smoke and mirrors. While we work hard to operate, maintain, administer and grow this company. Senior management lines their pockets with stock options and looks for the next airline to do the same thing with. This is the way these people operate and have operated.
Everyone, including airline managers better wake the he** up if this "OPEN SKIES" deal gets through Congress and the President signs it. I am sure that PT, JO and others would LOVE to sub-contract flying to an airline with forgein workers (Chinese most likely). We will become their "farm system" for developing airline pilots for their own needs while providing cheap labor to US airlines...
Guys and Girls...This profession that most of us have strived for, sweated for, and in many cases put the greater part of our professional lives into may be coming to an end as we know it today...

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

LOL Whatever they pay dues to support steel workers and we don't good for them. They make less money now good move. What the hell did they need a union for? Makeup allowances they want now? We gave them uniform allowance. I think we should do away with them all together and get autobriefers. I can get my own soda. Are they going to get a dollar raise which will just negate itself with union dues?

Well it's sad to say but, all but 2 FA's signed the cards for the union. They didn't have a union with a bad reputation like ALPA, (as some might say about ALPA) approach them with the idea for a union.
I think maybe they (Colgan FA's) are fed up with not getting calls from scheduling when there is a rest issue with a pilot or a maintenance delay that could have let them sleep in another two hours like the pilots may have got to do.
As for the comments about autobriefers, well if it wasn't for that FA you'd never have ice for your soda, because we all know how lazy some pilots can be about getting their own beverages. Make-up allowance???? I've seen prettier pilots than FA's. And who gave them a uniform allowance???? Not the pilots.
Also, for your info anyone who has to pay a union due can write them off on their taxes.

Quit crying because your group of FA's know how to get it done the right way the first time.

Latest resources

Back