• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Colgan Air-Commuting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Upgrade times change all the time. I agree that the 1900 could be 500 in type for the upgrade. The SAAB is much longer. 16-18 months right now. That is a fluid time as well. There is now an interview for upgrade and a lot comes into play. You will have to have your 1 year PC or a special ride if you are in the SAAB and want to upgrade faster than one year. They are passing on guys that don't do so good on the PC. You are allowed 2 TP's (train to proficiency) to pass the ride but don't expect an upgrade at 13 months if you have to use a TP or 2 to pass the FO sim check. In addition the seniority number in upgrade right now is 150. That means there is at least 150 folks ahead of you for upgrade. There would have to be a big expansion or exodus for the company to upgrade 150 folks in the next 12-15 months.

Just my 2 cents from my friend who works there.

CMH would be an easy commute since Colgan runs a CMH-PIT route. You would get priority over any other pilot for the jumpseat, provided Colgan doesn't cancel the flight. I'd say go for any base that's in the PIT system, i.e. JST/CRW/ABE/HEF

You probably won't be able to get IAH for 6 months. Then you'll sit reserve for another 6 months. Most FOs hold lines in the NE until they can hold a line in IAH.

Plan on upgrade taking 24-30 months. That's taking into account 4 upgrades per month and 40 FOs leaving for better regionals.

Island Driver, talked to Dot, yesterday, she said #183 was in upgrade right now. Not that it really matters. Its gonna be a while for me....

Seniority numbers get skipped around for upgrade. Its entirely possible to see a 150 and a 183 together.

XJT currently runs from CMH to IAH. Colgan is almost in cass so the commute should be too much of a problem on XJT. CHQ however will pick up the route next year. I'm not sure how they are to commute on.

As far as time for the regional I wouldn't sell yourself short. If you've got the time to get hired at Colgan I'm sure XJT would at least look at you and we are HQ'd in IAH. No problem getting based there. Of course who knows what will happen with the 69 a/c and all.

Good luck.

150 os on IOE right now so that is like one month apart. The point is that the numbers do not always matter....have to have the time....a good repor with managemet / scheduling and no TP's on the PC. The numbers will jump around.

This is a little off beat but here goes.

I was supposed to have an interview tommrow (saturday). It got cancelled last minute (which is good b/c I only had 3 days to study). I know just about everything part 121. What is on this written test? The aviation interviews is pretty vague. All they say is know your 61, 91, some 121 and weather (straight outta the ATP written).

I'm not too worried about the sim ride because I'm still fying the 580 right now. I have no access to a sim either so paying to use one is a non-issue. So what I have been doing is Flight Sim 2004 and going over the holding crap (b/c we all know that happends in the real world).

What more can/should I do? I am not driving 2 hours to go fly some frasca.

PJaxPilot said:
What is on this written test? The aviation interviews is pretty vague. All they say is know your 61, 91, some 121 and weather (straight outta the ATP written).

What more can/should I do?

Get your hands on the red Gleim ATP book and study the all the questions from those sections that don't have a refer to figure on them. That is as specific as you need. It isn't a real difficult test. As far as what else you can do, just relax. You will do fine. It isn't rocket science. Just be yourself, fly instruments like you were taught, and RELAX and everything will be fine.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back