Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
How do most 121/135 human resource and pilot recruiting depts feel about making cold calls? Without inside contacts, is calling these depts out of the blue to get hiring info a sore spot for them? If not any advice on how to conduct them? Thanks in advance.

135 coldcalls

I can't speak for any operators but the one I currently work for.. We are based out of Seattle, have about 16 pilots on the roster at a time and have loads of resumes on file.. seems like we get 3-5 a week on the fax machine.. the chief pilot would love to speak with you all on a weekly basis to let you know how things are developing but unfortunately he has other duties..
All sarcasm aside.. send in your resume if you meet minimums.. (you would be suprised how many 500 hour pilots send in their stuff to our all IFR 135 company.. "hmm.. doesn't know anything about our company or pt. 135.. roundfile!") ,make a call a bit later that day or the next to touch base and unless you get a strong invite to call back continue to update via fax.
Right now it's tough to get in without lots of multi time and a current employee reccomending you.. even tougher for folks who aren't local to begin with.. so.. apply but don't get your hopes up..
We get so many folks trying to call 5 times in a day, or on a weekly basis.. counterproductive. Our chief pilot has several guys stalking him.. chances of getting hired? ZERO! If you have a friend on the inside let them chase the HR department for you.. don't make a nuisance of yourself.
Apologies for the rambling nature of the post.. hope you can decipher my ranting.. good luck.. keep the faith!
Philip

I certainly would not stalk, after all I want the job, not a protective order. Not to pry but where do work (you don't have to answer) and what do you fly? Are you happy with it? Is your company interviewing? Many moons ago I called Horzion airlines and after a few minutes I asked if I could come up and interview. She said she'd never been asked that question and it was totally o.k. and I went and interviewed, got the job but then 9/11 ruined all that.

blingair

You are asking about how to conduct cold calls? Can you give me some pointers, i mean, i am seriously impressed you scored an interview simpling by asking. I would like some of your phone skills in my bag of tricks.

Latest resources

Back