• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cognitive Skills Test For Interviews??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know what company produces those computerized cognitive skills test. The ones that give you a number sequence and then flash them in a tic tack toe grid. Then ask you to put the numbers back in the grid and tell them the number they didn't give you in the sequence.

I missed out on a job opportunity because of this test and would like to figure out if there is anyway to do better next time! Any help would be appreciated (even the official name of the test), Thanks.

WHen I interviewed at Piedmont, I was told that they almost base everything on those tests, some I found were not that easy.

When I showed up for training, some of the folks wernt there, I think becuase of the test scores.

Yes it's very frustrating those tests... I would much rather have a sim eval (they told me the test has replaced the sim eval). I can read back clearances and have dealt with emergencies like i was trained to do, but recalling flashing numbers in a box is just too out of the context of flying for me. Mabey it will be easier on the second go around.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have looked at the military test books, but they are nothing like this one. Basically this test is three parts.
1. seven numbers in a sequence (like 2-8) flashed in a tic tack toe grid - with one number missing. You have to fill in the grid in a different order than they gave you and then tell them the one number they didn't give you.(timed test)

2. string of numbers with patterns within them.
(ex. 237345452569673.... next number would be 78) you have to figure out the patter so you can guess the next number in sequence. (timed test)

3. last is words which are written in different colors than the word is spelled
RED BLUE BLACK YELLOW
You have to choose the color but not the word (timed test).

That must be Comair...I liked the flag guy.

Those tests were like a game, you just had to do it and not think too much about it.

Yeah, that's what i was told when going in to take the test. I didn't think about it at all like they said and I guess my mind was a little too blank...oh well better luck next time. I do have some friends that may be able to make a practice test if anyone is interested...:)

I think you are talking about the Wonderlic personnel test. A lot of airlines I've heard of are using it to screen applicants. I haven't ever taken one, but I have to admit I'm very curious.

My interviewer at ASA told me that the test looks for a median performer. Obviously if you score too low, that's not good. But scoring too high can disqualify you also, the reason being that if you are not challenged by multi-tasking, that you may become bored and complacent.

I have heard the same thing. Except for a post on www.aviationinterviews.com where the guy said he was offered a spot immidiately in the training department after getting a high score.

jergar, wonderlic is a different one, but if you are curious about the type of questions they ask www.wonderlic.com has a small set of sample questions. Those type i can at least relate to.

So is this what airline hiring has become nowadays, Sim eval replaced by a bunch of flashing little numbers, sequences and such.

Guess they could care less if you have marginal instrument abilities or your scan is in the crapper as long as you are prepared to react when all that glass on those CRJ’s or Airbesses begins freaking out spewing out numbers from hell to breakfast.

Some times I firmly believe that airlines are like insurance companies, they are there own worst enemies.

Ridiculous…

:eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back