Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FreightPup

EastIsLeastWestIsBest
I have a question about this approach. On the NACO profile view there is a note, " Maintain 6100 until procedure turn inbound". I don't get this. The minimum published altitude for going outbound is 5500. Which altitude would I use? Thanks.

I would maintain 6100 until PT Inbound. 5500 would work as an altitude to hold on the feeder from Spokane until within 10 nm of the FAF. Maintaining 6100 will give you 1000' clearance from that 5003' peak north of COE.

Thanks. Make sense, but I still don't see why the 5500 is in the procedure turn profile view. 5500 is already listed on the feeder from GEG. It's hard to read that tiny little note while you're trying to keep the sim from going round and round.

Its hard to keep anything stabilized when you're scared and can't see the ground. Now your telling me I have to read small print too? I should have been a rock star.

I reviewed the Jeppesen and Naco versions, and Andy is right. the 6100 is for the procedure turn, and the 5500 is for the NoPT transition from the VOR. The Jeppesen plate is much clearer and less prone to lead you to make a mistake.

Thanks for your help. I found a Jepp, and it is much more clear. NACO seems to be in cahoots with the examiners to make life during a check-ride difficult. Not that any examiner is guilty of that!

Latest resources

Back