• Ruger .22

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Smith & Wesson .38 Snub

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Daisy Red Ryder

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
lurker said:
It's threads like this that make me embarrassed for my chosen profession. What a bunch of buffoonery.

Lighten up, dude. There is nothing wrong with talking about your favorite handgun. Its not like they are talking about anything illegal...well not illegal as long as Sarah Brady and her liberal bleeding-heart cronies don't get their way.

My practical vote goes to the Sig P239 in 40 S&W. A Colt Commander or Officer's Model comes in a close second.

The Wilson Combat Millenium Protector would BY FAR be my weapon of choice, if not for the fact I: 1. am a college student, 2. am a flight instructor, and 3. dont have $1800 to drop on a handgun.

Merry Christmas!

-lurker-

Not sure why would this thread make you embarrased about being a pilot? I'm with BoilerUp on this one, lighten up.

-FlyingMike-

Love the 45/70 idea, that's a big weapon to be swinging around in the cockpit. If you miss i'm sure the sound will scare him to death.

Last edited:
Single Shot

Lone Eagle 444 single shot. I dont miss. And the others will be scared sh!tless by the noise. Maybe an MP5K for close quarters with much lead being slung.

Re: Weapons of Choice

flynryan15 said:
2. HK MP5 SD 10 mm subsonic silenced and suppressed so you don't wake the other passengers

They chamber the MP5 for 10mm?........Saweeeeet!!! I don't know if I would want it subsonic, though. The 10 is a great round but it was designed to go fast.:)

Ya but you don't want it to go to fast. If it's to fast it will go right through them, I want my bullet to go in and bounce around inside a bit. Going the fast with small rounds like the 9 & 10mm isn't good, That's why I prefer the .45, the bullet may go through him but that's a big hole. :D

"Ya but you don't want it to go to fast. If it's to fast it will go right through them, I want my bullet to go in and bounce around inside a bit. Going the fast with small rounds like the 9 & 10mm isn't good, That's why I prefer the .45, the bullet may go through him but that's a big hole. "

Exactly correct, ask any cop. You preferably want to be able to throw a cat through the exit wound.

I have a family member in law enforcement that will tell you tales of cops having to empty the magazine and then throw the gun at cracked up assailants. For exactly that reason. If you can comfortably handle a .45 cal use it, otherwise go with a .40 at least. I suggest the Glocks, they're ready to dance under any condition.

Heck how bout the ol' elephant gun???? :D

All I need is my furry fists, um, I mean my fists of fury. Or maybe my stolen hotel pen to stick 'em in the eye. Here's some other things I'd like that probably won't happen.

A trap door in front of the cockpit door to flush the bad guys.
Have the seatbelts only unlatch when individually selected by the flight attendant or pilot.
High voltage shock seats to zap the bad guys.
Electrified barbed wire and broken glass glued onto the back of the cockpit door with a junk yard dog chained to it also.
Every seat in the back an ejection seat controled from the cockpit.
Flight attendants all beautiful female ninjas.
Killer baboons trained to attack anyone not in their seat when released from the forward coat closet in hijacking situations.
Walker Texas Ranger (or other suitable action star) required to be seated in the front flight attendant jumpseat in case of emergency.

Any or all of these would be welcome onboard my plane any time.

Latest resources

Back