Cochise College

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Douglas heat

I lived in Prescott for two and a half years. From watching TV news, I understood the place was hot. But, I agree with Skydiverdriver insofar as Arizona heat is better (?) than East Coast/Florida heat. Still, we had plenty of 100-degree days in Prescott, with a 5000-foot elevation, though.

It's true about not finding actual near Arizona, but the L.A. Basin and the attractions of its actual are only a relatively short flight away. We took our Riddle students to the L.A. Basin all the time. You don't necessarily have to fly to the Basin in the morning. In the fall, we found it in the last afternoon and evening as well.

I also heard good things about the Cochise baseball team.

One other thing worth mentioning: Cocbise is an ACCREDITED college, meaning you should be able to transfer most, if not all, of your credits to a four-year school when the time comes.

skydiverdriver said:
You think heat is nasty? I have lived in the east for a few years now, and I would take the desert over humidity and cold anyday. Out here, it is freezing cold, and then the next day it's humid and you need AC. In Arizona, even in Phoenix, you have months of nice weather where you don't need a jacket or the AC, and you can leave the windows open. I'll take AZ weather over anywhere else.

Hey, I ain't complaining. Why do you think I live here?!! I've been in New Orleans in the Summer and it's absolutely miserable.

Bobby, thanks for the additional info, I knew it was accrtedited, but I'm not sure by whom. I'll want to transfer to a 4-year at some point, but I'll worry about that after I get my AS.

College accreditation

Colleges are very proud of (read that to mean make a big deal of) their accreditation. Chances are, you'll find it near the front of the catalogue. There are something like six major accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, e.g. the North Central Association, New England Association and Southern Association.

I took a student to Lake Havasu once in March. We had 100-degree heat that day, but it was dry and breezy and wasn't too bad, actually.

Good luck at Cochise.

Latest resources

Back