• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coca-Cola pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything you need to know about the job................except what sort of aircraft they want you to fly & what experience they want. Think of a rule, procedure or action *normally* done in the course of exercising one's certificate + lots of 'works well in team environment' type verbiage - and make sure you mention them all in the ad.

Another fine job ad straight from the text book of Acme Human Remains Dept.

Tinstaafl said:
Everything you need to know about the job................except what sort of aircraft they want you to fly & what experience they want. Think of a rule, procedure or action *normally* done in the course of exercising one's certificate + lots of 'works well in team environment' type verbiage - and make sure you mention them all in the ad.

Another fine job ad straight from the text book of Acme Human Remains Dept.
Actually, this is probably a pretty good job. The guy that runs the department, BK, is "stand-up", and one of the most professional people you will ever meet. He really looks out for the guys that work for him, but when you come to work, go there to work. He does not play or put up with office politics, and will put the skids on anything like that in short order. When he worked in the Midwest, he worked for a company that closed its flight department. He didn't think the pilots were being treated as well as they should have been during the closing, so he up and quit when he had a good job in another part of the company that was his for as long as he wanted. He was a VP, so of his many duties, the flight department fell under his responsibilities. He is not a micro-manager and he will do whatever he can to make sure you better youself in any way possible if you want to do that. He is just an all around good guy who will listen to what you have to say, and you can go to him with any problems you are having and not get the brush off. He is an excellent source for advice as well. I have never worked for him, but tried on 1 occasion and at the time, my TT was a little low for what they were wanting to do. Missing out on the chance to work for this guy is honestly the biggest regret I have in my aviation career. My advice, if you get the chance to work for this guy, drop whatever you have going on, and head to Atlanta. You'll not regret it and you'll not find a better person to work for. I will say the ad was a bit lengthy, but he is a very well educated person, so he is just covering all of his bases.

Last edited:
HawkerF/O said:
Actually, this is probably a pretty good job. The guy that runs the department, BK, is "stand-up", and one of the most professional people you will ever meet. He really looks out for the guys that work for him, but when you come to work, go there to work. He does not play or put up with office politics, and will put the skids on anything like that in short order. When he worked in the Midwest, he worked for a company that closed its flight department. He didn't think the pilots were being treated as well as they should have been during the closing, so he up and quit when he had a good job in another part of the company that was his for as long as he wanted. He was a VP, so of his many duties, the flight department fell under his responsibilities. He is not a micro-manager and he will do whatever he can to make sure you better youself in any way possible if you want to do that. He is just an all around good guy who will listen to what you have to say, and you can go to him with any problems you are having and not get the brush off. He is an excellent source for advice as well. I have never worked for him, but tried on 1 occasion and at the time, my TT was a little low for what they were wanting to do. Missing out on the chance to work for this guy is honestly the biggest regret I have in my aviation career. My advice, if you get the chance to work for this guy, drop whatever you have going on, and head to Atlanta. You'll not regret it and you'll not find a better person to work for. I will say the ad was a bit lengthy, but he is a very well educated person, so he is just covering all of his bases.

I live in the area and have applied for the position, how do I get in touch with this person?????

I wasn't commenting on whether people there are good blokes or not - just the general uselessness of the ad.

It's supposed to be targeting professionals in our industry but lacks the information someone in the industry would want to know before deciding to apply. Meanwhile the ad is full of descriptive phrases covering the things we do in the normal course of our profession. Plus the usual wordy 'works well in a team' fluff...

The ad is more appropriate as a description to give to someone who has no idea of the duties of a pilot.

HawkerF/O said:

I could not agree more with your assessment of this gentleman..a true gentleman.

Latest resources

Back