• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CO make'n people happy again.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Speaking of CAL, anybody know the reason for the 17% hit on the stock today?

Probably because CAL is so highly leveraged and carries too much debt.

Nothing left to mortgage to meet payroll.

Only because the company in the hub has been bankrupt two times themselves.

Wow, what a tool!

Only reason you're airline hasn't been there too is the BS deal you got at Love. Braniff should have been allowed to close your doors those many years ago. Tell you what: Give CAL the crooked deal you got, and still have, at Love (Love Field is broke, all parties involved know it's because of SWA), and we'll see who's airline does well.

The Love Field debacle should be documented and accounted for. As a corrective measure, every legacy should get a 20 year SWA "type" bargain at a hub, and SWA should be billed for the difference! It was not schrewed business or a superior "culture", it's dirty pool.

Probably because CAL is so highly leveraged and carries too much debt.

Nothing left to mortgage to meet payroll.

Lets see CAL Stock $29.02, XJT $4.24. Maybe you should worry?

CAL reported over three billion in cash at the end of the second quarter (CAL had under 1.2 billion on 9./11) that's right nothing left to mortgage! I can see now if CAL had testing like many of the other legacies you not only would have failed the personal interview but would have busted the intelligence tests also. A rocket scientist you are not maybe you are a brain surgeon though! :laugh:

Last edited:
I don't know about CAL not meeting payroll but CAL does have a higher Debt/equity ratio than many of its competitors. The few I checked were DAL/SWA/JBLU. Alot of cash yes...but alot of debt as well.

Less debt today than on 9/11. Revenue environment a bit more positive today than on 9/11. New aircraft on property and even more new/efficient aircraft on the way and hiring pilots at a rate of 60 a month beginning next month. Not the perfect airline like Delta, but not too shabby either. We'll fix the contract problems(too many to list) over the next year or so so.

IAHERJ

A rocket scientist you are not maybe you are a brain surgeon though! :laugh:

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. LOL

And thank God it wasn't on a CAL overnight either. I hear they had crews sleeping on their airplanes a few weeks ago. hehehe

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back