CNATRA is destroying training records

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

CNATRA is destroying all of its old Student Naval Aviator hard copy records, mind being from the 60's. Former Navy, USMC, and USCG flight students can request there record be sent to them by writing: M. A. Mclauglin; Chief of Naval Air Training; 250 Lexington Blvd Suite 102; Corpus Christi, TX 78419-5041. I got mine yesterday. After reading what my instructors said about me, I am amazed I got my wings, much less graduated at the top of my class. I also forget that we filled out bubble sheets back in the 60's. Neat stuff.

don't know

Just exactly what would I do with my old training records?
Put them on the coffee table? I found the writes ups which I had never seen entertaining, took me back to the "good ole days"

Don't know

All of them, or just a date range?
You might have write thme to find out. I would imagin it is all the the records they had computers

Had I called my old squadron mate RADM John(Pappy) Boyington when he was still CNATRA I am sure he would have gotten them to me quickly.

Had I called my old squadron mate RADM John(Pappy) Boyington when he was still CNATRA I am sure he would have gotten them to me quickly.

How long have you been waiting to drop that on FI.com? I reckon you've probably bored everyone in real life with your "Pappy Boyington was my squadron mate" stories.

Nope first time I have mentioned it. I really think Pappy's tour was ruined by the midair of the 2 T-39's over the Gulf. I know it would have done it for me.

I'm surprised they're still doing this. I received my hard copy records at least six or seven years ago. I figgered they would have all been burned long ago.

Latest resources

Back