• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Climbto350.com???Anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kingair1181, you just hit the nail on the head. If you guys want a word of advice, I'm happy to give it.

First of all, only send the resume to the address/contact they give you. I hate everyone in the office complaining to me becasue they are receiving random emails or faxes. Also, for me, it shows an inablility to follow instructions and knocks you down a few pegs before I even read your resume.

Second, a quick introduction note is always nice. However, two-page long cover letters of everything you've ever done in and/or thought about aviation are too time consuming for me to read. Besides, isn't that what the resume is for?

Finally, use spell check, it's really easy. Did I mention to use spell check?

This is no endorsement, but I do post on climbto350 when I'm out of in-house referrals. I do also browse through resumes from time to time. If you want to stand out from the crowd, follow the instructions, write a nice, concise note of introduction, have someone else look over your resume and then run spell check.

Good luck.

Most seasoned, professional pilots and job seekers already know all this stuff!
Most of these sites are certainly questionable in my opinion. For every guy that says "I got my first 135 job, my first turbine or my first CFI job through climbto350 etc." I can give you dozens of names of former "subscribers" who have signed up and as a result of NO hits whatsoever, have let their memberships expire. I was one of those.
Having been current on two jets, I drank all the cool-aid I could get, signed up for this and that. It DID NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!!! Not a single interview in 15 months of unemployment (not my fault - airline went bust!!lol!). So, after banging my head against the wall, I went to an agency and IMMEDIATELY found work overseas. Pretty amazing, isn't it? No help from any website, just plain old fashioned networking and making yourself known. Since then, I have flown THREE different types in less than 3 years. Go figure........

Those sites are all a waste of time and money. A good job is through word of mouth. The vast majority of postings on there want you to be already typed with time in the airplane or willing to pay for your training. What a load of crap. All they are are cheap ass owners that just want a warm body that they wont have to fork out money for rather then finding the right person. Proof of this in the fact that over time you see many of the same job postings from the same companies.

I agree whole-heartedly......from personal experience.
Certainly the debacle between SkyDan and Unleaded, leaves a warm, fuzzy feeling of total confidence in paysites and their authencity.
I would not recommend any of them and plenty of other people feel the same. We never had them 10, 20 years ago and people still got jobs. Now they are just a front for personal gain or flamebait. Best to leave them to stew where they are........;)

Most of these sites are certainly questionable in my opinion. For every guy that says "I got my first 135 job, my first turbine or my first CFI job through climbto350 etc." I can give you dozens of names of former "subscribers" who have signed up and as a result of NO hits whatsoever, have let their memberships expire. I was one of those.
Having been current on two jets, I drank all the cool-aid I could get, signed up for this and that. It DID NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!!! Not a single interview in 15 months of unemployment (not my fault - airline went bust!!lol!). So, after banging my head against the wall, I went to an agency and IMMEDIATELY found work overseas. Pretty amazing, isn't it? No help from any website, just plain old fashioned networking and making yourself known. Since then, I have flown THREE different types in less than 3 years. Go figure........

Well I recently picked up a part time contract deal with an operator through an ad on climbto350. No sort of training contract and the first day I showed up was to go to King Air school. I also know someone on the board that got two interviews, neither of which were that close, and they paid expenses to get there. He got a job offer from both operators, which he turned down. The job that he accepted was also off of an ad from climbto350. It was from a stable operator with a good reputation. They typed him right away in a Learjet (with no previous turbine experience) and only asked for a two year commitment. The pay and schedule are fair, so he decided to except their terms. I would say that he and I have had very positive experienced as a result of climbto350 job leads.

double and tripple check after you cancel. My card kept getting charged and and it took way too much time and effort on my part to get refunded.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back