Climb to 350 FRAUD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

I have received several fraudulent job offers from overseas that were all related to Climb to 350. I am a member and it seems some unscrupulous people are targetting pilots for Identity Theft.
Just a reminder, do not put your SS # on your resume. A pilots resume hasabout 80% of what an indentity thief needs to start a new ID. I remember a couple years ago there was a listing for a G550 postion. After they had your resume they requested copies of license and medical. Some of you still have your SS # as your pilot license.
Has anyone else received and suspicious foreign job offers?
Be alert guys/gals....

Alert the FBI if you feel it is necessary. I would. It could lead them to a terror plot or some other security risk.

Not where I live.
Hmmm....

Recently, I was in a HAZMAT class in which we covered security for HAZMAT transport. The instructor talked for a while about this 311 number and how we should use it to report suspected terror directly to the FBI. Now I cannot find anything on it via an internet search. I called 311 and got the Broward County crime/terror report line. Maybe they report to the FBI from that.

Let me know what you find.

Contact the Secret Service, they are the agency that handled fraud like this.

Tailwinds...

You can start here, at the Internet Crime Complaint Center:

http://www.ic3.gov/

Your resume should never include personal details. Do not list your date of birth, your physical description, marital status, social security number, or other information. You can list basic facts which detail your qualifications, but you shouldn't be sending personal data out on your resume, to anyone.

If your resume has 80% of what's required for ID theft, then your resume has far too much unnecessary information.

If the jobs you're responding to are in Africa, then you're going where you shouldn't go in the first place. Africa, especially jobs in Nigeria and other such places, are well known for fraudulent efforts that range from soliciting employment to asking for money in exchange for a good return on your investment. Bad idea. Likewise for many other foriegn job. Be very careful to whom you apply, and research the company a little before you do apply.

Last edited:
I just found out that you can get your SSN removed from your pilot's license, and they issue you an ID number instead. Apparently you can do this on the FAA website. Thought it was a good idea. Gleaned this little nugget from an AOPA Safety Seminar.

Latest resources

Back