• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clearing turns in the sim.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the APD/TCE wants clearing turns, you do clearing turns.

Play the game, cooperate to graduate, etc....

I've had a couple of guys who want to you to ask if they want clearing turns. It's bush league because you can't fly vfr in the real world, but cooperate and graduate...and roll your eyes and think: what a dick...

VFR or IFR you should always look out the window before you turn(in the real world). SIM world, just do as your asked and B!tch about the instructor at the bar.

VFR or IFR you should always look out the window before you turn(in the real world). SIM world, just do as your asked and B!tch about the instructor at the bar.

Screw that, show me where in the FOTM, clearing turns are required in the damn sim. Lol what a waste of time. PS We used to do it back in the day.

This entire thread comes down to the day I was checking out a Taylorcraft on the ramp with a few other CFIs back in the 13th century. She looked cool as hell, with a venturi on the left side for gyro vacuum.

I was in the glowing arms of simple pilot love with a machine, when one of the more "clever" guys piped up. "This is a POS. If you get caught in icing conditions, you lose EVERYTHING!! Dangerous plane."

After sipping my coffee, I looked at him and said, "If you're flying this thing IMC, you're a bigger turd than even I imagined. Besides, it be a taildragger. You're unqualified to even crash it, thank god."

Where, oh where did common sense go?

Latest resources

Back