Clearance Phone numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinlow67

Does anyone know where the numbers are listed, or if they are listed, to get a clearance from the local center. Tired of going through FSS, I would rather just call the clearance desk at the ARTCC and get it from them.

I think in the Airport Facility Directory. But, I was wrong once before...but didn't have to pay any alimony.

Yes, they are in the AF/D, or you can also pick up this little book called "The Cellular Pilot"; it's an airport/FBO directory and has the phone numbers to approach/center flight data desk. I think some places sell it, but a lot of FBO's I've been to have them just sitting on the counter for free (that's how I got mine, now I always carry it in my flight bag).

Watch out when you call the flight data people, especially at the busier centers. Answering the phone is a secondary job for these guys, and most of the time dont have the time to give you a clearance.

Trust me, I call them DAILY, and for the most part, they have been helpful. Just remember that they do get real busy.

the numbers are printed on the bottom of the flight planning sheet most of the time if you use fltplan.com.

Latest resources

Back