• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Clay Lacy @ APA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My cousin's Husband worked for Clay out of VNY was a young guy low time CFI. I advised him not to go work for him based on it really is a small industry but the thought of flying beat up old GII or LR28 seemed better then Instructing up in SEA. 3 years later after being treated and paid poorly and I think he kept being passed over for upgrade as Clay was hiring all his line crosser buddy's as off the street captains he quit and took a contract job up in BFI on a CL604.

So I think it is fair to say that there are better places to be then with Clay Lacy. Oh and I hear he is really scary to fly with as in Altitude bust of +/- 1000. :eek: I guess he's still living in the past he's definitely not in the same league as Chuck Yeager or Bob Hoover even though he thinks he is.

Be careful now, or Avbug will be on here explaining how Clay Lacy is the patron saint of aviation, how well respected he is, and what a great pilot he is based on the success of his business!

All his airline pilots flying for him quit back after the strike. Most of his pilots honored the strike he didn't so had no respect for him or his operation. He lost the respect of all airline pilots when he worked during the strike and can never regain it ever.

Latest resources

Back