Classy move, thanks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

So I did my weekly commute from FWA today. I checked in at the Eagle counter and the agent checked me on CASS and gave me a seat in the back. As usual, I'm hanging back so I can let the paying pax go first, and I can thank the crew without blocking the door, when the FO walks by. We say hi, and he goes back down the jetway. He must have told the Captain, because a few minutes later he comes up and asks me if I'm trying to JS. I say yes, thank you, and showed him my certificates, and we walked down the jetway.

This gesture is much appreciated. More so by those of us who commute. I make it a point to do this myself, but unfortunately not everyone does.

I again want to say thanks!

Wow, thought this was going to be another post about a A-hole move by someone. Pleasant surprise ending. Cool

So I did my weekly commute from FWA today. I checked in at the Eagle counter and the agent checked me on CASS and gave me a seat in the back. As usual, I'm hanging back so I can let the paying pax go first, and I can thank the crew without blocking the door, when the FO walks by. We say hi, and he goes back down the jetway. He must have told the Captain, because a few minutes later he comes up and asks me if I'm trying to JS. I say yes, thank you, and showed him my certificates, and we walked down the jetway.

This gesture is much appreciated. More so by those of us who commute. I make it a point to do this myself, but unfortunately not everyone does.

I again want to say thanks!

You're welcome. I didn't do it but I'll take credit.:D

Very classy move on their part.
I just wish more OH crews would do this on the JFK-CVG legs, because on occasion we still have gate agaents telling guys who are commuting home that the flight is full/door is shut/airplane is gone.
But too bad some of the senior CVG guys who don't commute, don't get it.

Had a similar with an NWA DC9 Capt from EWR to DTW a while ago, when he heard there was a j/s he actually came up the jetway to get me as I was waiting for paying pax to make sure I got on. Real class act.

P.S. huge thanks to XJT crews and ASA crews that get me to and from work every trip, VERY accommodating crews and very much appreciated.

It's nice to hear about the good gestures and the crews who make 'em happen.

I once payed $25 to ride on Airtran. I didn't ask for the JS because I didn't have a tie and it was required then. The captain saw me sitting in my seat and remembered me from another flight. He went to the ticket counter, added me to the JS and got my money refunded. How 'bout that.
I used to ride Airtran once a week and they always were great!

Hi!

I used to jumpseat a LOT on NWA. I had ONE(1) a$$hole captain, out of all of them.

The vast majority were very friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The rest basically were professional and helped me out.

Thanks to all the NWA guys and gals, both upfront and in the back!

When I am the captain, I will make every effort to get any non-revs on that want to fly.

cliff
NBO

We gotta look out for each other. The gate agents certainly aren't going to go out of their way to help us.

Latest resources

Back