• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Class Dates at Southern Air and Focus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Sorry to interrupt the warfare...I understand that SA wants time in a "Large Group II Transport Aircraft." What is that?
[/FONT]

Last edited:
So Unprofessional.

Quite the opposite. What I am doing is trying to save some young commuter pilot from making the worst mistake of his or her life. There are plenty of opportunities in the 747 world that don't require a training bond. Choose your future wisely!

Did you sign the training bond as a condition of your employment at Southern???

Have you even taken the time to read the thing? It's really bad. Like the part about them firing you and you still owing the money. And guess what.....The discipline/discharge protections of the CBA don't apply to someone still on probation. Can you see some potential for abuse here?

I don't have a horse in this race. If you're happy working at Southern, then I'm happy for you. If you're considering employment at Southern, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Quite the opposite. What I am doing is trying to save some young commuter pilot from making the worst mistake of his or her life. There are plenty of opportunities in the 747 world that don't require a training bond. Choose your future wisely!

Did you sign the training bond as a condition of your employment at Southern???

Have you even taken the time to read the thing? It's really bad. Like the part about them firing you and you still owing the money. And guess what.....The discipline/discharge protections of the CBA don't apply to someone still on probation. Can you see some potential for abuse here?

I don't have a horse in this race. If you're happy working at Southern, then I'm happy for you. If you're considering employment at Southern, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

I don't think its really written by the Southern management. It is done by a lawyer or two.

I read similar types of training agreements at other airlines.

Southern is not the only one has it.

MESA used to have this also. I believe like Colgan and other commuters might.

IF it is your job to tell other pilots to take the job or not, U can tell them by informing them with better way. Other than bashing one company when there are plenty of pilots who works for Southern and other
companys like this.

That is Unprofessional

U don't have to say Sh!!ts about my company when I am trying to have fun.

I don't think its really written by the Southern management. It is done by a lawyer or two.

Who wrote the thing is really irrelevant! All newhires are forced to sign it as a condition of employment.

I read similar types of training agreements at other airlines.

Southern is the only U.S. 747 operator that requires a training agreement! That really does place them in a league of their own and they deserve any and all criticism they get.

Did you sign the training agreement at Southern? If not, I'll tell Bill C. you have no problem with it and you'd be happy to sign one now. Your two years of indentured servitude can start today!

U don't have to say Sh!!ts about my company when I am trying to have fun.

How in the world does my saying something negative about Southern affect your ability to have fun?

Sometimes, when someone on an anonymous web board says something you don't like or you may disagree with, it is better to not respond and just let it go. By responding, you give the individual the opportunity to keep his issue alive and at the top of the forum, where everyone reads it.

_yanker,

Sometimes, when someone on an anonymous web board says something you don't like or you may disagree with, it is better to not respond and just let it go. By responding, you give the individual the opportunity to keep his issue alive and at the top of the forum, where everyone reads it.
So what does that say about you?

So you paid your $10.00 to join this forum (thankfully I joined before you had to pay). 85 - 95% of your posts have to do with bashing SAI. The rest is either just empty banter or positive strokes for Kalitta.

It's obvious that you were @ SAI and things did not go well for you. I can say that we ALL understand that these things can happen. I know that we all collectively keep our fingers crossed in that we ALL don't have to suffer, get hurt or face inordinate adversity in our careers or life for that matter.

Life is too short to continually ruminate on the negative. March forth in your life, get that bad stuff behind you, keep looking forward to the future.

I sincerely hope that you find much happiness & satisfaction at Kalitta. You guys are getting -400's and bunches of them before SAI. That should make you very happy that you went there. Tailwinds to you!

Go in peace brother! Happy Holidays!

Good Luck To Us All!

Last edited:
_yanker,

So what does that say about you?

It says I'm a kind-hearted guy who's genuinely trying to help my fellow professional aviators. And I thank you for giving me yet another opportunity to warn everyone:

NEVER SIGN A TRAINING BOND TO GET A JOB ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY AT AN OUTFIT LIKE SOUTHERN.

Merry Christmas!!

It says I'm a kind-hearted guy who's genuinely trying to help my fellow professional aviators. And I thank you for giving me yet another opportunity to warn everyone:

NEVER SIGN A TRAINING BOND TO GET A JOB ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY AT AN OUTFIT LIKE SOUTHERN.

Merry Christmas!!

That is so funny for a person who is bashing about your fellow professional aviators works for......
And, you are here to save people's lives. hahaha

First, you tried to attack the message. You're really on the wrong side of the issue, so that got you nowhere.

Now, you're attacking the messenger. That won't get you anywhere either!

There is no defending an outfit like Southern requiring a training bond. They could easily retain more of their crews by treating them with respect. Southern will never stop the flow of guys to FedEx, UPS or Southwest, but they can keep them from making "lateral" moves just by giving them the days off they're due. Implementing the bond was management's way of continuing with "business as usual" by inhibiting a newhire's ability to resign if they are treated poorly. Despicable!

First, you tried to attack the message. You're really on the wrong side of the issue, so that got you nowhere.

Now, you're attacking the messenger. That won't get you anywhere either!

There is no defending an outfit like Southern requiring a training bond. They could easily retain more of their crews by treating them with respect. Southern will never stop the flow of guys to FedEx, UPS or Southwest, but they can keep them from making "lateral" moves just by giving them the days off they're due. Implementing the bond was management's way of continuing with "business as usual" by inhibiting a newhire's ability to resign if they are treated poorly. Despicable!

Let those professional pilots get their heavy international times which are very valuable( I strongly believe) and then move on to next level.
If you are trying to be professional, think one more before giving precious advices to your fellow crewmembers who U care for.
Just because U think U have great understanding about the aviation does not give U right to bash about one company to steer Ur friends to a better places. I believe there is a little better ways if U choose to use ur thinking process little better.

U can say all the good things about ur favorite company Kalitta and hve ur friends decide.

We flight crewmembers learn everyday at work to make best decision when time is due. Either we have enough informations or not, we gamble sometimes for sucess.

In this industry, it is very hard to stay happy any places we go.

Last edited:
Years ago I was a flight mechanic for Rosenbalm, then Rich Int'l. As a greasemonkey, only the captain was making more money. I made more than the F/O or PFE. Is that still the same?

Do they all fly with flight mechs? And are they making better money than the FO/FE?

Just curious.

Ronin

Latest resources

Back