• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Class B touch and go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did T/G with students all the time @ CLT. The tower published slow time and would even fax you a list. Call the tower and see when the pushes are over and they'll squeeze you in.

I have taken people who have never seen KBWI and did touch and goes with them. The controller chuckled when I requested it. Most controllers won't mind giving you the clearence as long as it is not busy, and he knows you know what you're doing.

I requested to do T&G's at a class B last week, but I was turned down. I went in the evening and approach said they were still too busy.

But I've known other people who have done T&G's at Class B's before at different times of the day and night. Why don't you call the tower or ask around and see what times they might let you do it?

Also, I doubt you will ever be asked to pay a landing fee. I've been in an ops tower at a class b before and when I asked them about fees for Cessnas and things they seemed like they didn't care about charging landing fees for GA planes. The money they earn off of a 737 is way more than what they can get off a 172 and plus it'll take some effort on their part to hunt you down and get your money.

Latest resources

Back