Class Action Lawsuits – Is It Time??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AA767AV8TOR

Well, it now appears we have finally reached the boiling point. Junior crewmembers, you just got royally screwed.

Thank you very little Southwest. You have now replaced AA (with our B-scale) as the scurge of the industry.

Age 65 is more than a serious abrogation of seniority. It means financial harm to every junior crewmember both active and furloughed. It also means “diminished career expectations” to thousands of active and furloughed pilots. Because of the acute stagnation problem we face at AA and at other carriers, it means a major loss of income over the next couple of contracts.

The combined numbers of F/O's between APA and ALPA for any class action lawsuit could approach almost 40,000 -- no chump change.

Is it right to have such a major disparity between the winners and losers? This just might be a question that has to be answered through the court channels.

The legal profession will be closely watching the developments here.

AA767AV8TOR

Congress passed some legislation and the President signed it into law. So who ya gonna sue?

take a deep breath....

Honestly, can't we all just get along?

For the record, I was against Age 65.

That being said, it is now law, and unlikely to be changed, at least in the near future.

No one said life was fair. Things change, sometimes for the better and sometimes for worse. It is called LIFE. You have 4 options:

1. Accept reality and deal with it. (move on)
2. Fight it (a losing proposition, in my opinion.)
3. Complain and whine endlessly.
4. Deny reality.

It is time to move on and deal with other pressing issues in the industry, the ones where we can make a difference, and improve the pay and working conditions and contracts.

BTW, Merry Christmas, Happy and healthy New Year, and Happy Holidays to all!

You guys contest that all the senior guys are greedy by working past 60 and that your future earnings are in jeopardy. Why do you think that current junior pilots will be any less "greedy" when they turn 60. Do the current generation of F/Os have a higher so-called moral standard than their senior counterparts? I doubt it. I would bet that a higher percentage of pilots will be working past 60 in 2 decades than will continue past 60 now.

Lawsuit...why don't you take your ball and go home?

I would bet that a higher percentage of pilots will be working past 60 in 2 decades than will continue past 60 now.

Lawsuit...why don't you take your ball and go home?

Snow-back,

You are a fool. Of course F/O's will be forced to fly to 65 in order to simply earn back the money they lost in the first place.

This is not right.

AA767AV8TOR

Congress passed some legislation and the President signed it into law. So who ya gonna sue?

Have you ever heard of the Constitution you idiot!

Unconstitutional laws are passed all the time. Just because your idiot Congressman and moron Senator make a law the unpopular president signs is not the end of it.

The case needs to be pursued. If APA would do something and needed support I am in.

Lets get the ball rolling on this class action suit NOW!

Age 65 is unconstitutional? Who would have known? :laugh: Those Founding Fathers were ahead of their time.

Have you ever heard of the Constitution you idiot!

Unconstitutional laws are passed all the time. Just because your idiot Congressman and moron Senator make a law the unpopular president signs is not the end of it.

The case needs to be pursued. If APA would do something and needed support I am in.

Lets get the ball rolling on this class action suit NOW!
...and the unconstitutional part of this law is what?

The Age 60 rule wasn't unconstitutional was it? So you're saying changing it to Age 65 will likely be held to be unconstitutional? Go figure.

Vtech,

Don’t be so quick to pass judgment. The government has been sued before and will be sued again. We are exploring our legal avenues at this point. A class action lawsuit consisting of over 30,000 disenfranchised pilots would exercise considerable power and influence.

This think is far from over and will revolutionize our industry both in work rules and pay – for better or worse.

AA767AV8TOR

Latest resources

Back