CL65 to CL604

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TDK90

Recently interviewed with a pt 91 operator for a 604 position. Interviewer seemed to think they could get me typed in the 604 through a recurrent based on my cl65 type rating. I researched FI and Bombardier/Flight Safety, it seems that types are only available from initial/transition or upgrade courses. Anyone know with certainty about this situation?

I've read the other threads on FI BTW.

we have over the years had many applicants from the "regionals" with cl65 types argue till they are blue in the face that they can get a recurrent/transition and not one has. The only transition i am aware of is if you are going from the cl600/601 to the cl604 then it is i believe 2 weeks in Tucson. but to answer the question NO.......................... it is a initial type only

I can tell you for a fact that you need the 604 initial. My previous company operated an RJ, and 601's. Got rid of RJ and then got a 604 a few years later, everyone had to do the 601 transition to 604, which is a new type. Myself and another guy drew the unlucky straw and had to go through a full 604 initial.

I can tell you for a fact that you need the 604 initial.

This is accurate. I went through this exact thing a while ago. The CL65 (while similar in many ways) won't get you any shortcuts to the CL604 type. I had to do the full blown initial. On the bright side, if you have lots of CRJ experience, you'll have NO trouble with the type.

Good luck!

Treetop

The CL65 and CL604 are the same airplane. Having completed both initials. The corporate world seems to think that just because you flew a CL65 you don't know the first thing about flying the CL604 when in fact many CL65 guys have hundreds and often thousands of hours over the CL604 guys in the same metal tube. Bombardier, as typical Bombardier, couldn't get it's act together for differences training. Just look at the 31 / 35...every single one is different, yet all ya need there is a differences course.

If you flew the CL65 and want to get the 604 gig, play like you're just a little puke regional pilot, check your ego at the door, and smile. You'll get the gig. Then, when you get in the bird, breeze through groundschool and you'll see that the 604 and 65 are the same airplane. CL65 expereience is valuable if when it comes to operating the 604, period. If anyone tells you different, just smile and play along while their head gets bigger.

Good Luck! The airplane is a great machine!!!

It's a good thing. If you could go to a recurrent and get the type for the 604 based on RJ experience then what would happen to the rates for 604 pilots? Do you really want Go Jet pilots picking up trips at $250/day? A good company will pay your training costs it doesn't matter if you do the full course or just the recurrent.

It's a good thing. If you could go to a recurrent and get the type for the 604 based on RJ experience then what would happen to the rates for 604 pilots? Do you really want Go Jet pilots picking up trips at $250/day? A good company will pay your training costs it doesn't matter if you do the full course or just the recurrent.

Excellent Point! Thanks for that angle!

The CL65 and CL604 are the same airplane................ really??????? nope not exactly.... nobody posted anything about anyone having trouble going from the cl65 to the cl604.....the question and answer to this post was NO........ you need an initial

The CL65 and CL604 are the same airplane................ really??????? nope not exactly.... nobody posted anything about anyone having trouble going from the cl65 to the cl604.....the question and answer to this post was NO........ you need an initial

Relax...I never said it wasn't a different type. I said it's the same airplane operatoinally. Geez.

Bingo!

Latest resources

Back