CL601 and Telex 850 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynlow

I'm headed off to start 601 training soon. Does anyone know if a Telex 850 ANR will work in the 601? I've seen some threads about it working in CRJ's but I'm not sure if the audio panels/intercoms are the same. I like the fact the the 850's are powered by the mike bias so no batteries needed. Does the intercom if installed on the 601 have to be on to have the headset's ANR function properly? Also how are the wind noise levels in the 601 at higher speeds and are the 850's able to get rid of enough of it to warrant getting them versus say a Bose X?

Next question. Does anyone have a copy of Simuflite's training supplements for the 601 that they could send me via e-mail? I would like to get a head start . TIA

We have them in our CL601-3A and they work great.

The 601 is much more quiet than the CRJs I have jumpseated on. In short, the 850s are perfect for the 601, and the Bose Xs would be overkill.

Sorry I don't have any Simuflite training stuff for you, we do all our training through FlightSafety. Enjoy learning the 8/10 panel and all the various annunciators tied into it...it is an ergonomic nightmare.

Have fun, and good luck.

Thanks for the 850 info. I assume the ANR works while not on intercom/hot mic? That's just what I needed to hear.

I hear you on the ergonomics. It'll give me something to look forward to in the 604/605's.

Latest resources

Back