Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Webslinger

BD-100 or CE-680?
Can anyone currently flying either of these aircraft give some accurate information?
1. DOC= Direct operating costs per hr.
2. Max range with 4pax, and 8pax from a SL airport.
3. Takeoff distance 4pax/8pax on a 85F day at SL.
4. Landing distance 4pax/8pax on a 85F day at SL.
5. Cu.Feet of baggage space.
6. Maint. parts support. Good, bad, ugly.
Thanx in advance.

BD-100 or CE-680?
Can anyone currently flying either of these aircraft give some accurate information?
Thanx in advance.

If those are your only criteria for selection, it looks like you already made up your mind...

I only sit in the back (and don't fly), but from my perspective the CL-300 is hands down the more comfortable interior. And more expensive.

Fly safe.

I fly a 300...if you give me a couple of routes that you are trying to compare I can run a couple flight plans and give you some numbers. As for DOC, the data on the 300 from Bombardier is actually right on. Very close to the DOC of the Lear 60. Surprising, I know.

It's a very reliable airplane, I think most everyone operating one will say the same. Dealing with Bombardier is another story. At times it's like a horror movie, and when you think the problem has been resolved they release another chapter, and completely out do themselves in shear incompitance.

BD-100 or CE-680?
Thanx in advance.
Clearly, they are both fine aircraft. But I would suggest talking up "thatpilotguy" for his input on dealing with Bombardier. I know of several companies, including the people I work for, eliminating Bombardier's aircraft from their selection process due to customer support. No slam at our friends to the north, but remember the rules are not the same in Canada as they are here in the US, so as long as you understand that going into it, then let the cards fall where they may. Just be careful, a great new aircraft acquired on YOUR recommendation can quickly make you look incompetent. You wouldn't be the first, but the difference here is that you had fair warning, but the real tragedy here is that Bombardier makes great aircraft, but they don't get their due, mainly because Bombardier is:
1) Unwilling to listen closely to Customer input. Example: with a few changes, the LJ60 could have put the hawker production line out of business, but Bombardier was unwilling to embrace the innovative input customers were suggesting (longer Fuselage, a little more range, re-engineer the Braking and T/R systems, etc)
2) Customer Support is so poor. Example: AOG aircraft has a part expedited overnight to the aircraft,a nd when the part shows, it's the wrong one. Phone call to Canada is met with arrogance and indifference. Esentially, "Tough ********************".

LRvsH25B said:
1) Unwilling to listen closely to Customer input. Example: with a few changes, the LJ60 could have put the hawker production line out of business, but Bombardier was unwilling to embrace the innovative input customers were suggesting (longer Fuselage, a little more range, re-engineer the Braking and T/R systems, etc)

Sounds an awful lot like the Lear 85...

There is no debate that Bombardier falls well short in terms of customer service. Thankfully (knocking on wood and typing at the same time) we have never had an issue that has come back to the attention of the owner. Most of what we have had to deal with has fallen on the shoulders of our chief pilot. What should or could have been resolved easily, is complicated by their internal lack of departmental communication. No one there seems to talk with each other, you combine that with high turn over in positions and there is a gap in consistancy as well.

I understand that it's hard to look past this when choosing an aircraft. When I stated that Bombardier lack customer service, I say it as a warning to the increased work load on the pilots, mechanics, DOM's and so forth. The 300 is a great airplane, feel free to PM me and we can discuss details, but truly you won't be dissapointed in the aircraft, it really does do all that is advertised.

Sounds an awful lot like the Lear 85...
Maybe so, Boiler, but it's simply too little too late. Look at the 60XR. WTF was that? They slapped the PL21 in it and gave owners more interior design options; 2 items that were not big on the list for returning customers and/or folks debating between the new Hawkers with the PL21. Now, here they are with the LJ85, but it's too late. The market is no longer there to support it's development costs and when it dos not sell, it will be labeled a failure. It's probably going to be a GREAT airplane, but most will never know because it should have been out 5-10 years ago.

Hands down, I would go with the C-680 just look at the performance numbers and the Vref speeds and then read the reviews of dealing with Bombardier... My opinion..

Latest resources

Back