CJC ops in HEF coming to an end?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kaman

I recently saw an ad for the Colgan Hangar complex being for sale in HEF. The hangar wasn't included in the sale to PNCL, and is currently vacant with exception of administative offices and OCC being leased by PNCL Holdings (Colgan Air subsidiary).

Guess this means that the good ol' days are truly gone...Wonder how long it will take to move the Colgan HQ to MEM? Those hangars will go fast with the growth of GA at HEF. I'm surprised that ol' Chuck or Mike didn't hang on to those buildings and lease them out...

So is HEF no longer a mx base? Or is it just getting ready to close down?

hef just has crew sched and dispatch...plus most of the mgt. All of the mx is done in IAD now. Rumor is all of the ground/recurrent will be done in ALB. Alb is also a mx base. Im sure it will all move to MEM sooner than later.

I was at Colgan from 2002 till 2004. Grew up in HEF and was based there for a while. Looks like things have changed quit a bit. When I was there we never got over 200 pilots..got close, but never over. The fleet was 15 to 20 1900's and about 10 or so SAABs. HEF, ALB, HYA were mx bases. Us Air was the only code share.

Who all is still left? I've heard that Leroy is still in crew sched. Is Dave still manager of dispatch? What about Dot or the Finnigan? Or what about the van drivers I think one was named Dave and the other was Bill.

At least Hef finally got rid of that creepy Holly chick with the souless eyes.

More Bridget, please!

Oh, wait...nevermind.

Actually, Driver Bill retired last year. Driver Dave is still there though as someone mentioned. Company otherwise bears little resemblance to the 2004 timeframe when it was just a USAirways codeshare with a little over 200 pilots when I was a new-hire

Latest resources

Back