Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoilerUP

Citation style...
Anybody here attended CJ3 initial or recurrent at CAE in Morristown, NJ?

I'm interested to know how CAE's CJ3 program (sim/ground/instructors) compares to FlightSafety, specifically Wichita.

Thanks...

While I have not done Citation training there, I will say they have become a pretty good training facility for Falcons.

They had a rough start, almost comical in fact...but they pretty much fired or relocated all the hicks that were imported to start it up - much improved.

The facility is very nice, the sim is the nicest I have been in to date (ok, its fairly new) the instructors have all been knowledgable yet still practical etc. The location is also decent - Morristown has good hotel, food, pub, fun etc selections. Almost night and day compared to TEB.

While we dont have a choice in training right now, we will stick with CAE as its convenient and the last few recurrents have been very good...FWIW the pricing for us started out even higher at CAE as opposed to FSI. Once FSI started a program for our plane it's now priced about the same (ripoff either way)

Enjoy.

Thanks G200...

The CJ3 sim is only about a year old and the pricing I got is pretty aggressive (especially compared to FSI)...so we'll see what we do - sure would be nice to get some gouge on the program but pilots who have trained there thus far are hard to come by.

I figure CJ crews will be the poor white trash of the MMU training center when looking at their other airframes...but then again that's SOP for us when compared to Gulfstream and Falcon guys :laugh:

I'm sure their program is fine.

Recurrents are pretty generic all around...and they have become a pretty good center.

I cant even explain the 4 week initial nightmare in enough words...lol...but that was 3+ years ago.

If you negotiate the contracts with them yourself send me a PM!

I did my CJ3 @ FSI Wichita and it was a great program.... They have great sim's, actual CJ3's around the airport for hands-on pre-flight stuff, and awesome materials and fun instructors (2007)...it isn't the 2 weeks however...

Personally I think FSI is the best for guys coming out of Turbo-props, 121 gigs, or other product lines, etc. They are the most structured and have some of the best training aids. Cessna worked with FSI to create a program so they have been training on the CJ3 the longest... I flew #7 so they were the only ones doing training at the time but out of the CJ3 outfits around in my opinion FSI ICT is probably the best. (others will argue but whatever)

If you have guys with a lot of CJ/Citation experience FSI might be a little overpriced but I still think its a good structured place for new CJ/Citation pilots.

Anybody here attended CJ3 initial or recurrent at CAE in Morristown, NJ?

I'm interested to know how CAE's CJ3 program (sim/ground/instructors) compares to FlightSafety, specifically Wichita.

Thanks...

I was at MMU and ran into a long lost friend that was in the CJ class. He said they really dd a nice job and was impressed.

I must say that I would rather spend 16 days in Dallas (Bonedaddys, TopGolf, etc) but Billy's Red Room was fun.

Latest resources

Back