• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CJ3 and 4

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We fly 4.0 to 4.5 hrs quite often in the CJ3 between FL430-450 and land with 1:00 to 1:15 worth of fuel (1000-1200#). TAS is approx 400-405.

1st hr 1200#
2nd hr 900#
3rd hr 800#
4th hr and on 700#

TEB-DEN is about the max range westbound with 3 pax and full fuel. I have done LGB-IAD and landed with 1100# fuel. I target landing no less than 1000#, however, I am more conservitive than others. I hear 800# is quite common (45 minutes)

That's about right. Ive done SGJ to VGT in 5:22 with 800 left. Was VFR though in Vegas. Would target 1000 lbs for any IFR day or going to New York, due to early decents.

For what it is worth, In my short career I have flown the hawker 800xp, the CJ1, CJ3 and the G450. And by far the CJ3 is the most impresive airplane I have flown by far. Yeah the G450 has alot of cool stuff and can go far but that aside the CJ3 is a great great airplane. It can get in and out of short fields and go far. I have taken the CJ3 from KBUR-KHPN non stop and landed with 800lbs of fuel. It was in the winter and we had good winds but still i was very impressed. Everytime i fly the CJ i am impressed more and more. We are looking into a CJ4 but not sure if it is going to be any better than the 3.

What kind of statement is that? Because, only Cessna builds more and that is because of all the different models.

I'm saying that the amount of airplanes they (Learjet) produce in a year is less than what Cessna or Hawker Beechcraft normally produce in a year.

What are the baggage capabilities for the CJ3.... you know real stuff like golf clubs, guns, luggage, ice chest.... all these things together with 5-6 guys. Can anyone comment on how the 3 compares to the KA-350 in the crap hauling department?

Thanks.

cf

IIRC, the CJ3 has 50 cu. ft. baggage (600lb) in the tail and 15 cu. ft. (400lb) in the nose. While I can't compare it to the KA350, six sets of clubs plus RON bags for 8 are not an issue whatsoever for the CJ3.

You won't be able to do anywhere close to full seats/full tanks in the CJ3 like you can in the 350, though...

An operator I P/T for has an old CE501, I'm trying my best to sweet talk them into a nice CJ2 or 3. Had the chance to take a demo ride in one a few months back out of VNY and man they are indeed sweet!

Using the Pro Line 21 system

Given that the CJ3, CJ2+ and CJ1+ use the Pro Line 21 system, what are people's impressions of the system? I have heard good things. How is Pro Line 21 better than other systems you have used?

Sounds like it might be a good selling point for the CJ3 and CJ4.

Given that the CJ3, CJ2+ and CJ1+ use the Pro Line 21 system, what are people's impressions of the system?

Its awesome. Very very similar to Pro Line 4, but the presentation and buttonology is somewhat different.

How is Pro Line 21 better than other systems you have used?

It has more features and has a rock-solid autopilot...what I've been told is a dramatic shortcoming of the Honeywell Primus system in somewhat older Citations.

Its awesome. Very very similar to Pro Line 4, but the presentation and buttonology is somewhat different.

It has more features and has a rock-solid autopilot...what I've been told is a dramatic shortcoming of the Honeywell Primus system in somewhat older Citations.

Honeywell still sucks in the new citations. Hard to believe it is even certified in 680. I would take Collins Proline 4 any day over Homeywell.

Latest resources

Back