CJ Co-pilot salaries for the midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dragland

Anyone have any idea what the going rate is for a co-pilot in a CJ in the midwest (dont laugh, I'm a pup)? Thanks in advance...

I'm a co-pilot on a CJ1, and CJ2 in the midwest.

Contract, I get $300 a day, plus all expenses paid. Never had anyone turn me away with that price, and I do a fair amount of contract work a year. Just make sure you don't take any less then $200 a day as a co-pilot.

Salary, you can expect anywhere in between $25,000-$35,000. Of course some pay more, and some pay less - just depends on the quality of the operation. Problem with CJ's is that most people don't see co-pilots as necessary (as they are not always required), so they're usually not willing to pay a whole lot for your services.

But hey, if your a new guy just getting started out, take what you can reasonably get - just make sure you don't wh0re yourself out and lower the bar for everyone else trying to make a living.

dragland said:
Anyone have any idea what the going rate is for a co-pilot in a CJ in the midwest (dont laugh, I'm a pup)? Thanks in advance...
PM me and I'll get you the Stanton #s. You will need to provide a little bit more information though. Stanton is the only accurate survey and it gives a true representation of what pilots are making in well established, industry minded, [Part 91 for the most part] professional flight departments. It excludes places like Netjets, 135 low rents, and cheap part 91 operators. I'll be looking forward to your PM.

User997 said:
just make sure you don't wh0re yourself out and lower the bar for everyone else trying to make a living.
Roger that, I have a minimun I am willing to accept and if they won't meet it then I'll stay where I am at. Thanks...

Last edited:
Would you have info on what a CJ2 captain/mechanic salary would be for southeast region. Single pilot ops captain maintains, schedules, and performs MX.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back